UNICEF works in some of the worldâ€™s toughest places, to reach the worldâ€™s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, Hope:
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Chief of PFP, the incumbent is to assist in the administration, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of PSFR operation.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Support the smooth running of the PFP team (total 20 staff plus consultants), including but not limited to:
- Receive public enquiries related to PFP and ensure appropriate action is taken and response given
- Organise meetings, coordinate diaries and keep schedule of meetings/attendance
- Liaise as relevant to ensure travel arrangements for the team are made efficiently (including raising TAs as noted in point 1 above
- Maintain section staff calendar such as meeting, official travel and absence
- Organise documents, files and file directories across PFP, with guidance from fundraising officers (both hard copies and network folders)
- Support the application and reporting for Tax exemption
- Assist with back-end processes supporting individual fundraising programme
- coordinate cheque presentations and donor visits
- when relevant, preparing meeting minutes for circulation and adoption
Assist the Chief of PFP and Corporate Specialist in the development of corporate partnerships, including the following examples of work:
- Respond to all proactive Corporate fundraising enquiries, liaising within MCO as appropriate
- Partner with the global Corporate Team in GVA HQ to ensure that all potential Corporate partners are properly screened and all corporate proposals are reviewed by the Corporate Fundraising and Partnerships team in PFP
- Assist the preparation of proposals and presentations and the preparation of agreements (MOUs and contracts)
- Liaise with Donor Acquisition team to ensure smooth handling of new pledge donors from corporate partner activity.
- Ensure the appropriate processing of corporate donations
- Assist the Chief of PFP and Philanthropy Specialist in the development of major donor fundraising, including the following examples of work
- Assist the preparation of proposals and presentations
- Set up relevant donor meetings, including selecting appropriate venues
- Assist the preparation of agreements (contracts)
- Assist the preparation for reports for major donors
- Ensure the appropriate processing of donations from major donors
Perform functions for contracting of PFP related services including suppliers management, financial management and VISION processing for the PFP Ops team and for the Corporate and major Donor function (note that Fundraising Assistant in the Individual Giving (IG) team will do most of this work for the IG team, but they will need leadership and support as relevant from this post holder as the senior assistant to the PFP team):
- Certifying vendor invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Assist with procurement of services and supplies (eg competitive bidding processes)
- Submission of finance invoices to the Global Support Centre
- Submission of vendor master forms to Global Support Centre, and monitoring of contractual status
- Managing VISION for the whole PFP team:
- Raising Purchase Requisition (PREQ) services
- Raising Purchase Order (PO) â€“ for individual consultants
- Raising and closing of TAs for PFP staff who are traveling
- Raising Fund Commitments (FC)
- Checking on work orders and to ensure all supporting documents are proper
- Monitoring the contracts that are currently open and/ or expiring
- Monitoring total PFP expenditure
Assist Chief of PFP and the PFP Business Manager in budget Monitoring and result reporting to Geneva HQ:
- Assist with periodic reports with guidance from fundraising officers for example the annual budget compilation and RER report, quarterly income estimates.
- Monitor budget expenditures and implementation rates to maximize efficiency of PFP costs.
Recruitment Requirements & Qualification:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in marketing
- Ability to analyze financial data such as ROI, cost per sale