Fund Raising Officer
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the general supervision of the Chief, Private Sector Fundraising & Partnerships, this role is responsible for planning, executing, monitoring and evaluating our fundraising communication strategy and developing the written content for materials that engage existing and potential donors, at all times promoting respect for child rights. In doing so, he/she will:
- Develop the written content for fundraising communications materials in support of donor retention (such as newsletters, donor emails and the annual review).
- Support donor acquisition activities by developing the written content for materials needed for Face-2-Face, Direct Mail, emails, press advertising inserts, etc and working with creative and advertising agencies from conceptualization to finished artwork.
- Develop and implement a medium to long-term strategic PFP Communication plan to maximize the combined impact of PFP's many activities.
- Continually update and work to the deadlines of the PFP communications calendar for all fundraising activities, proposing relevant UNICEF priority themes for each.
- Develop the content for a communication fundraising package for use in emergency appeals.
- Support the development of fundraising materials, such as donor proposals, for PFP activities with corporate partners and philanthropists.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced University degree in one of the following: Communications, Journalism, PR or equivalent professional work experience in the Marketing communication area.
- A first level University degree with relevant years of working experience may be exceptionally accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- 5 years practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Experience of writing and editing is especially important. Four years of experience with significant proportion dedicated to writing or fun raising may also be considered.
- Fluent English required. Ability to converse and read in a local language is a definitive asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills – team player with ability to work in a multi-cultural, international environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Successful candidates will be offered an attractive remuneration under the UN system at NO-A level.
- A detailed Job Description for this post can be obtained via email at email@example.com
- This is a National position and all eligible Malaysians are encouraged to apply.
- Please email your cover letter, resume and UN P11 form to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Marked clearly "Fundraising Officer (Marketing Services)" in the subject line) no later than 15 August 2016.
- Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be notified.