UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, Hope
How can you make a difference?
The Malaysia Country Office saw exponential growth in number and income of Pledge Donors in the last 5 years. It is expected that by the end of 2018 Malaysia Country Office will have an estimated 120,000 Pledge Donors contributing to both Country Programme and Global Regular Resource funds. It is the objective of the office to develop internal resources, skills and experience to deliver highest possible payment approval rates for newly recruited and existing pledges to ensure collection of donations (income) continues from Private Fundraising Sector. The objective of the Fundraising Officer (Donation Processing Officer) is to further establish best practices (identifying gaps and plugging them, implement improvements and efficiencies) and benchmarks for pledge payment processing through payment submission and or data analysis and holding conversations with payment gateways for integrated solutions. The incumbent is responsible to ensure accuracy and timeliness in the day-today management of pledge and gift donation processing. Working together with Customer Service and Database Management, the incumbent is also responsible for related donation processes between the various team using data and or financial analysis to maximize payment approvals and reporting.
The position of Fundraising Officer (Donation Processing Officer) at the NO-A level in the Malaysia Country Office, in the section of Private Sector Fundraising & Partnerships, reports to the Fundraising Specialist (Donor Management), who is at the NO-C level.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Manage a high performing Donation Processing team in delivering the following KPIs (list is not exhaustive):
- Deliver a minimum 1st Payment Success Rate of 80% and increasing this rate by 2% year on year.
- Deliver a minimum of 93% Recurring Payment Success Rate and increasing this rate by 1% year on year.
- Analysis of 1st Payment and Recurring Payment Success Rate (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) to determine Trends (by Channel, Time, Day, Date, Payment Type, etc) with the aim of improving and or refining SOPs to deliver higher targets and or efficiencies.
- Implementation of new payment type in providing more options to Pledge donors to effect their monthly pledge; includes scoping technical aspects (in working with Database Management team).
- Recommend and implement modifications to database banking module for increased efficiency in payment submission across all fundraising channels/campaigns and payment types.
- Implement and support of new channel development in the areas of donation processing, eg recommending most suitable processes where both parties requirements are met.
- Managing case escalations and ensure all cases are closed within 24 hours.
- Manage and measure performance of individual donation processing team members with the aim for individual team members delivering minimum KPIs. Developing and maintaining performance appraisal structure to ensure team members are sufficiently motivated.
- Enlisting relevant assistance from various internal teams and external party/ies to support various Donation Processing areas.
- Manage the donation processing functions to deliver the highest level of donor satisfaction and donation payment data at all times.
- Assist in data entry of donor profiles and donations and other matters that may arise.
- Work closely with Donation Processing Assistant and Database Management Assistant for other matters that may arise.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by Fundraising Specialist, Donor Management.
Impact of Results
Poor customer service and Inaccurate donor and donation processing will result in the following:
- Lost income
- Donor losses credibility in the organisation.
- Negative public perception.
- Data corruption.
- Inaccurate reporting.
Recruitment Requirements & Qualification
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Business Accounting.
- At least 1 year of experience in the field of payment processing, having 5 years Payment Processing experience is an asset .
- Preferably 3 years leading a high performing team of at least 4 headcounts.
- Knowledge of Data Management will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and the Bahasa Malaysia is required.