For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Fundraising Officer - Individual Giving, the Fundraising Associate – Individual Giving supports the successful implementation of Bulgaria country office Fundraising Strategic Plan and the individual donors’ programme.
Support the planning, development and implementation of pledge acquisition campaigns to achieve the annual targets for individual giving.
- Oversee and support the coordination of the face-to-face in-house programme.
- Support the implementation of integrated fundraising and advocacy campaigns and events.
- Support digital and direct marketing activities.
- Assist the preparation of fundraising materials.
- Support corporate pathways to pledge activities and events.
- Coordinate the implementation of the individual donors’engagement and retention programme through regular communication activities for onboarding, nurturing, engagement, conversion, upgrade, saving, and re-activation of individual donors. Implement the donors communication cycle/journey.
- Support the optimization of fundraising systems - the donation website, payment channels, mechanisms, and new platforms for donor communication
- Monitor and report on specific fundraising KPIs in the area of individual giving. Prepare clear and comprehensive reports on fundraising campaigns for individual donors.
- Provide technical/administrative support to the fundraising section. Supports procurement of services process and performs assigned administrative tasks upon request.
- Support the wider team upon request to achieve organisational objectives and targets.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you should have:
- Education: Secondary education preferably complemented by relevant training, technical courses or specialization in marketing, business administration, social sciences, communication or a related field.
- Work experience: Minimum 6 years of experience in marketing, business administration, fundraising and donor communication.
- Technical skills: Excellent computer skills. ADVANCED knowledge of MS Excel, Access, various platforms and communication channels.
- Languages: Fluency in English and excellent verbal and written Bulgarian.