UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, Hope
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the general supervision of the Fundraising Officer (Pledge Retention) the key responsibilities include:
PFP Communication plan
- Support the development and implementation of a medium to long-term strategic PFP Communication plan to maximize the combined impact of PFP's many activities; and continuously update and work the deadlines of the PFP communications calendar for all fundraising activities, proposing relevant UNICEF priority themes for each.
- Travel to field projects/events (if required during the consultancy period) to gather raw content (photos, video footage, stories, quotes, programme updates, reports, interviews) and prepare communication/fundraising materials.
- Appoint and engage with videographer/photographer/agencies to conduct project site visits, facilitate photo coverage and video footage to be utilize for both web-based and traditional media for fundraising and donor reporting.
- Draft and edit articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials.
Contracts and Vendors Management
- Work with Fundraising Officer to plan all campaigns, budget and vendor contracts required to support content generation such as visual and video production, creative artwork, printing and etc. for appeal and donor retention materials
- Prepare Terms of Reference (TOR), technical evaluation matrix, proposal template, manage tender bidding process with the support from Supply and Procurement unit and Fundraising Assistant.
- Monitor contracts' budget, expenditure and contract deliverables.
- Support the development of donor communications materials for donor retention (such as newsletters, donor emails, periodicals, annual donor reports, supplements, calendars, briefing notes, Human Interest Stories, picture stories, videos etc.) and other fundraising materials appropriate for donor reporting.
- Ensure timely and quality production of advocacy and branding materials.
- Assist in developing donor visit schedules/brochures, donor gifts and cards for donor events. Support preparation of background materials, briefs and information kits for visiting donors and high-profile guests/visitors/donors. The task includes travel planning, logistics and administrative arrangements.
- Ensure constant and effective communication with creative agency, fulfilment agency, copywriter, translators and printers on campaigns requirement and expected delivery timeline to meet campaign launch date. Monitor production vendors on working timeline and ensure mailing deadlines are met.
- Support donor acquisition activities for all channels by providing research and development of materials needed for Face-to-Face, Direct Mail, press advertising inserts, e-mail marketing etc and work with creative and advertising agencies from conceptualization to finish artwork.
- Develop communication fundraising package for use in emergency appeals
Communications & Fundraising Resources
- Develop and maintain a library of fundraising content materials and documentation, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc. for fundraising team reference.
- Incorporate PSFR Marcomm content calendar with Programme Rolling Work Plan (RWP) for seamless content generation throughout the year.
Digital Communications/Social media
- Support fundraising officer for social media posting and content development on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Support all channel managers in maintaining relations with online social media users and supporters in answering supporters questions and comments.
- Prepare general Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and draft responses for donor and public enquires pertaining to funds contribution/utilization/donor complaints
Program Communications for advocacy and awareness
- Work closely with the Programme section and maintain close interaction with communications and program staff to gather relevant program materials such as Human-Interest Stories, donor reports, proposals, factsheets to be developed and used for fundraising.
- Update fundraising team for any additional content/stories from Programme, Communication, C4D and Innovation which have potential fundraising value.
- Manage swift approval from programme and communication for all donor communications and fundraising material before publication.
The consultancy will provide:
- Research and draft communication material for all fundraising channels.
- Support for monitoring and evaluation of the work of contract vendors such as creative agencies, photo and videography agencies.
This position would support the development of fundraising communication materials from all level of UNICEF programmatic work (in-country and global) that would positively affect potential and active donors' understanding, engagement and commitment to UNICEF to drive fundraising income leading to higher return on investment. Measurement will include timely deliverable of scheduled communication material for all fundraising channels.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- A first level University degree in the following areas: Communications, Journalism, or equivalent professional work experience in the Marketing communication area.
- Advanced University degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant is an asset
Work Experience: 5 years practical professional work experience in marketing communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media. Experience in developing marketing communication materials for campaigns and programs that are aimed at reaching sales targets.
Languages: Fluency in English is required and fluent in local language is a plus