World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. We pursue life in all its fullness for every child and serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
One year with a possibility of prolongation.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure that World Vision Georgia (WVG) has a strategic vision for its marketing and fundraising work in order to maximize the current and future donors potential to provide financial resources to WVG. To build long term profitable fundraising initiatives by researching, shaping and implementing the organization’s fundraising plan, generating new and sustainable income streams via a range of corporate and individual partners.
This is a high profile role involving interaction with a range of people from across corporate and individual segments, including WVG networks, and raise awareness of the organization and its work, at both a local and national level, this will involve giving talks to groups or dealing with the media.
- Build and maintain corporate relationships for fundraising purposes in accordance with the marketing strategy
- Identify potential corporate partners and develop the database
- Maintain relationships with existing corporate partners
- Build new relationships and prepare relevant corporate offers for potential corporate partners
- Develop, maintain and expand fundraising platforms targeted to general public
- Maintain and further develop existing digital fundraising platforms
- Plan and execute public activities for fundraising purposes (campaigns, fairs, f2f fundraising, etc.)
- Support local partner NGOs (Area Development Centres - ADCs) in local fundraising endeavors
- Identify relevant fundraising opportunities for the regional NGOs
- Support ADCs in implementing planned fundraising activities
- Support ADCs in building and maintaining reliable partnerships with the relevant organizations
- Build WVG internal capacity in fundraising and marketing
- Plan and conduct needed capacity building activities with WV staff
- Ensure WVG staff in informed and engaged in ongoing fundraising activities
- Ensure smooth and efficient communication with WV MEERO and International team
- Prepare relevant reports as per request
- Represent WVG in international fundraising and marketing discussions
- The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Academic degree Marketing or Business Management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to think strategically and visualize the bigger picture;
- Pro-active, solution oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to persuade network and negotiate effectively at senior levels;
- Outstanding in verbal & written presentation skills;
- Outstanding in listening and communication skills with a strong ability in influencing inside and outside the organization;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages with multiple different priorities;
- Able to work independently in a relatively unstructured but highly accountable environment;
- Enthusiastic about fundraising and be able to demonstrate a commitment to the values and goals of World Vision Georgia;
- Ability to build network and engage at strategic level with marketing agencies and corporations in Georgia;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in Georgian, English and Russian;
- At least 5 years experience in marketing and sales or fundraising.