JOB KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
Fundraising and income generation:
As The Fundraising Manager you will be responsible for the Individual gifts fundraising channels that includes the following accountability areas:
- Contribution to building the public awareness and communicating with communities through direct marketing tools to build a strong support for the foundation and its programs.
- Supervise and develop and maintain the Direct community fundraising channels that includes but not limited to crowdfunding through the promotional tables, booths, tele-sales, Website, online digital donations, volunteers crowdfunding and VIP connections that is in addition to building a strong donor care system.
- Build and supervise and maintain the cooperate fundraising channels through raising the awareness, engaging and achieving successful sponsorship/funding leads.
- Create and deliver a strategic plan to ensure maximum growth in income in line with the foundation direct fundraising strategy that includes; community and cooperate fundraising.
- Be responsible for setting and meeting ambitious financial targets across several income streams.
- To report, Motivate, recognize and reward funders, ensuring that existing funders are communicated with in a timely fashion to ensure their long-term support of the foundation.
- To support all donor relationships and fundraising activities on behalf of Life Makers Foundation, helping to identify who should undertake which activity, including the CEO, Trustees, volunteers or freelance staff.
- Plan and execute fundraising events and create a diary that is shared with all internal stake holders.
- To maintain Life Makers Foundation database with up to date contact information of funders and communications to ensure effective and efficient fundraising.
- To work in collaboration with the wider team in the development, implementation and regular review of a fundraising strategy to encompass all current and potential fundraising income streams for Life Makers, including Trusts and Foundations, Events, Individual gifts, Major Donors and Corporate Sponsors.
- To work alongside the line manager and wider team to help develop realistic and achievable budgets and cash flow.
- To keep the team informed of successful grant decisions and is responsible for organizing the kick off meeting for the relevant team members about the purpose of these grants.
- To brief the CEO on funding secured and where further funding is needed.
Monitoring and Evaluation.
- To work with project staff to ensure useful and relevant material is gathered across projects, for detailed and timely reporting to funders and the creation of compelling fundraising material.
- Support the Chief Operations Officer and the operations teams to identify what impact data needs to be captured to best show the impact of Life Makers and tying this in to overall strategy.
- Identify new opportunities to be involved in external reports, evaluations and research.
- Support the completion of the annual report.
- To work with relevant Senior Management Team members on developing strategies or pursuing funding opportunities.
- Other activities as the line manager deems appropriate.
- Adhere to and implement relevant policies, including safeguarding, equal opportunities and health and safety.
- Raise the profile and awareness of Life Makers Foundation.
Life Makers Foundation is a dynamic and growing organisation. To thrive in this environment, you will be an exceptional candidate who demonstrates intellect, personal confidence, excellent interpersonal skills and drive. Candidates are expected to understand what motivates companies, supporters, staff, and volunteers to support the Foundation and engage with its brand. Additionally, it is expected to be a natural communicator, with an excellent interpersonal skill with the ability to build relationships and influence, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the following qualifications, skills, abilities or experience:
- A successful track record in professional fundraising with a proven experience of exceeding targets and working to KPIs in the commercial or not for profit sector
- Strong experiences of engaging with local and International companies and community context to raise funds.
- Strong bid and report writing skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, making good use of time and resources, priorities and work to deadlines.
- Resilience in growing the work of Life Makers in collaboration with the team.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the work of Life Makers.
- Ability to take the initiative, be creative and proactive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Inclusive approach which welcomes and relates to people from many different backgrounds
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.