Amnesty International, Prague, Czech Republic
Closing Date for Applications:
Your job is to secure additional funding to enable the continuing work of Amnesty International as a defender of human rights in the Czech Republic and abroad. You will be responsible for all fundraising activity conducted on behalf of the organisation. As Fundraising Manager you will lead, manage and develop the Fundraising Team. As a member of the Management Team you will be expected to contribute to long-term organizational and strategic planning.
What kind of person would we like to see in this position? Someone who.
- demonstrates excellent organizational, management and communication skills,
- has a proven record of achieving set income targets,
- is able to think quickly and flexibly in order to achieve targets,
- has excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the presence and authority required to speak with counterparts at senior levels,
- is a confident user of computer applications and databases,
- thinks strategically,
- can motivate, inspire and engage potential supporters into action on behalf of Amnesty,
- possesses excellent interpersonal and networking skills,
- is willing to travel internationally when necessary,
- has a flexible approach and is willing to work outside of core hours and away from home when necessary,
- has a genuine and enthusiastic commitment to the work of AI, and
- has good oral and written English language skills
What will you be doing?
- assisting the Director in developing fundraising strategy,
- designing and implementing short-and long- term fundraising plans and budgets in order to support the organization's strategic goals,
- conducting performance analysis of the fundraising program using accepted and appropriate standards in order to assess efficiency and effectiveness,
- systematically developing ways to integrate fundraising into the campaigning, activist and media aspects of AI CZ work,
- generating increased income from existing sources,
- identifying and researching potential new funding opportunities,
- developing proposals for projects that could attract new funding,
- managing department budget and financial goals,
- carrying out recruitment and selection of staff as necessary,
- recruiting, training and supporting staff by applying human resource principles in order to foster professionalism and achieve the goals of the organization,
- supervising staff by applying appropriate human resource principles in order to foster a productive, team-oriented work environment and enhanced personal performance,
- establishing links with other voluntary and statutory bodies,
- coordinating profile-raising events
- ensuring that fundraising activities are organized in accordance with internal partnership, gift acceptance and acknowledgement policies in order to reflect the values of the AI CZ, and
- undertaking other duties as required to ensure the proper functioning of the team.