UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.And we never give up.
For every child, hope
UNICEF Indonesia is seeking a Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) Specialist who will lead UNICEF Indonesia’s Individual Fundraising team to raise funds from the Indonesian public, especially through recruiting and retaining regular monthly donors (“Pendekar Anak”) in support of the GOI-UNICEF Indonesia Country Programme.
Key End Results
- Grow donation income from the general public: UNICEF globally has high expectations for UNICEF Indonesia being able to fund our own activities in the coming years without needing additional funding from outside the country. You lead our IFR team to recruit new donors, reduce attrition of existing donors, identify additional income opportunities, grow existing channels and diversify our donor recruitment channel portfolio, especially towards digital channels.
- Fundraising is driven in a strategic way and aligned with relevant national and global plans and strategies: UNICEF Indonesia’s fundraising team is operating in a complex environment. You make sure that the individual fundraising part is strategically aligned with global and regional plans as well as national priorities. This includes responsibility for key reports and budget submissions to headquarters. You also ensure compliance with the operating environment, including the national legal framework as well as data security.
- The team is motivated and eager to do their best for disadvantaged children in Indonesia every day: This includes your own team you are leading, consisting of a number of Fundraising Officers and Assistants, as well as your collaboration with the Data Processing and Donor Care team, the Digital team, Corporate Partnerships team, and other relevant stakeholders within the office as well as in UNICEF regional and global.
Key Accountabilities, Duties and Tasks
- Lead UNICEF Indonesia’s individual fundraising team, with a focus on pledge donors
- Grow funding from individuals in Indonesia as per agreed targets
- Plan, monitor and report budgets and targets through different reports and platforms to senior management, Regional Office and Headquarters
- Supervise and guide Fundraising Officers responsible for acquisition of high-quality pledge donors through different channels (Face to Face/F2F, Telephone, Digital, Corporate channels, etc.), including the relationship with relevant agencies and other external service providers
- Supervise and guide Fundraising Officers responsible for the donor journey and the retention of donors, including the production of compelling content and managing the relationship with relevant agencies and other external service providers
- Closely collaborate and integrate processes with the Data Processing and Donor Care team to ensure accurate and up-to-date data in the donor database, to produce insightful reports from the donor database on donor insights as well as past and predicted future donor behavior, and to ensure the security of our donors’ data
- Work with the Corporate Partnerships team to identify opportunities to partner with business to reach new pledge donors
- Collaborate with Specialists in Regional Office and Headquarters to ensure good practice and learnings from other markets are used in Indonesia
- Closely work with the Communications team on integrated initiatives combining public fundraising and advocacy, and find ways that our donors are appreciated and featured in the organization’s ongoing communication and brand work
- Monitor trends in the market, competition, and regulatory framework in Indonesia to inform the organization’s strategy and advise senior management of any required action. Engage with the relevant colleagues in the office responsible for Government relations to ensure all required permits are in place.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree*) in marketing, business administration or related fields. A non-graduate degree can be accepted with additional specific experience and technical training.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising/marketing/sales, including staff management and budget control.
- Experienced in raising significant amounts of funds for non-profit organizations from the general public and/or successful marketing for consumer goods/services etc.
- Experienced in running marketing / fundraising campaigns in different channels and media
- Excellent command of budget calculations, ROI projections, growth scenarios, and financial reporting; excellent attention to detail.
- Experienced in leading a fundraising/marketing/campaign team
- Excellent team player, but also able to work independently
- Experienced in managing agencies and other external service providers
- Strategic thinker, able to plan ahead
- Literate in all standard Office applications and other software solutions like customer databases
- Knowledge of the Indonesian non-profit sector and the UN is an advantage
- Strong communication skills also with external partners, including Government and other relevant authorities; good negotiator
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.