Udhyam Learning Foundation, Bengaluru, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About Udhyam Learning Foundation:
At Udhyam Learning Foundation, our vision is to create a caring world, where people fearlessly
pursue their potential. We believe that every person has immense potential and Entrepreneurship is a powerful way to channel this potential. Entrepreneurship enables agency and allows an individual to work on his/her strengths while creating value for the world. Udhyam is working to unleash this potential.
Why join Udhyam?
- We are on a mission to enable people to make fearless choices in the pursuit of their potential.We want to do this both at scale and with impact. And we want it to do it soon.
- For India to become entrepreneurial at scale, we need our young people and small business entrepreneurs to develop mindsets and skills that help them thrive and succeed.
- Our youth and people, running small businesses, often take the path because they have either inherited it or merely out of the dire necessity, not because they see opportunities that create more value for themselves or their community. This is a deep rooted problem. Our goal is to enable young learners and nano entrepreneurs to shift to a growth mindset, as well as build capabilities.
- If you are someone who wants to be part of one such powerful journey then Udhyam is the place to be!!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person with the following skills , experience and attributes, to execute the fund raising activities at Udhyam Learning Foundation :
Cares about raising funds for Udhyam’s vision of working for those with low opportunity
Money isn’t a key personal driver
- Demonstrable track record of starting from zero funding to identifying funding channels, donors and subsequently required funds
- Demonstrable track record of Strategic Fundraising
- Experience of utilising the strength of an organisation’s brand/programmes for charity
- Strong grounding in or knowledge of issues of fundraising and sustainability, and experience engaging with the private sector on issues of corporate social responsibility
- Bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organisation and/ or its services
- Experience of working with organisations receiving foreign funds and Foreign Contributions Regulation Act
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in fundraising including early stage fundraising for NGO’s
Key Skills and Mindsets:
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative, deliver on time and make decisions
- Rapid learner and open to experimentation
- Research and analytical skills
- Skills for conceptualising and developing fundraising ideas and pitches
- Exceptionally convincing and persuasive written and oral skills with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently
- Relationship building and management skills
- Project Management Skill
- Financial Acumen
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Udhyam teams to learn the intricacies of the projects, structure, and understand the focus areas for financial support, become resourceful and contribute to the success of these initiatives
- Undertake independent research in finding new avenues for fundraising
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual investors/donors, foundations, CSR and raise funds for the activities of the organization
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local potential donor organizations
- Regularly monitor donor websites/social media and identify investor opportunities aligned to the work of the organization
- Maintain relationships with existing investors/donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Assist the Founder in developing funding plans to generate income from various sources
- Assist the Founder in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals
- Work with marketing to improve and develop communications material necessary for fundraising. Examples include annual report, website articles etc
- Organize fundraising events for the organization