The United Nations World Food Program is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger in the world. WFP's mission is to help the world achieve zero hunger in our lifetime. WFP strives worldwide every day to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, especially women and children, have access to food. nutritious they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Hold a secondary diploma or bachelor's degree in Administration, finance, human resources, security or related field.
- Have a minimum relevant experience of 4 years in Administration, security, human resources management, finance or related field.
- Languages: Perfect command of French (level C) and intermediate knowledge of English (level B). Knowledge of the local language of the duty station will be an advantage.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT:
The incumbent of this administrative assistant position will be based in Bamako. The Mali Country Office is recruiting two administrative assistants to serve in two different units, Administration and Security. Successful applicants will be under the direct supervision of the Head of Administration and the Head of Security respectively. Depending on the qualification and experience in General Administration or in connection with security, candidates will provide a wide range of administrative support to the security and administration units of the Mali Country Office.
RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS: (not exhaustive)
The following duties will be performed by the administrative assistant who reports to the administration unit under the supervision of the chief administrative officer
- Check the delivery of a range of administrative services, including facilities, general administration , payments and coordination with other functions, etc., and record keeping, to help provide a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Gather and process information, including dissemination, to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable effective decision making and resource management.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records in the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure quick and easy access to data when needed.
- Undertake research and conduct database analyzes to help provide accurate information and efficient resource management.
- Be a first point of contact for internal requests, to facilitate effective and efficient resolution of everyday problems.
- Provide inputs to current methods and practices in one's own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of the services provided.
- For the security unit, assist the security chief in coordinating all administrative functions of the Mali Country Office
RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS: (not exhaustive- continued)
The following duties will be performed by the administrative assistant reporting to the security unit under the supervision of the chief security officer.
- Assist in examining security threats and risks, reporting accurately on trends and situations that could have a negative impact on WFP operations to ensure that information is collected accurately to support reporting and decision-making.
- Review security-related information (eg, security incidents and events, support security for daily operations, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to provide basic analyzes and reports to ensure that information is readily available to relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and coordinate with local government, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN and NGO security personnel and other actors to facilitate access the safe delivery of programs and mitigate potential risks to staff and other resources.
- Assist in the implementation of all security risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of safety equipment and determine new requirements to build technological capacity in accordance with the requirements of the business.
- Help monitor that all access control procedures are effective and rigorously followed by all staff and visitors to ensure accountability and the maintenance of a safe and secure environment.
- Contribute to the development and updating of documentation on emergency and emergency planning, including physical preparations and procedures to support preparedness for a crisis.
- Help identify security training needs to support the planning and implementation of training to meet staff development needs.
4Ps MAIN CAPACITIES OF ORGANIZATIONS
- Mission: Understand and communicate strategic objectives: helps teammates to articulate WFP's strategic objectives. Be a force for positive change: suggests to the supervisor potential improvements to the team's work processes. Make the mission inspiring for our team: explains to teammates the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities. Make our mission visible in daily actions: explains how the responsibilities of its own unit will serve the mission of WFP,
- Team: Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: train their junior teammates on new skills and abilities. Creating an inclusive culture: looking for opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds. Be a coach and provide constructive feedback: Coach your colleagues in the same area of work. Create an “I want” / “we are going” spirit: tracks progress towards objectives and regularly shares this information with the supervisor.
- Performance: Encourage innovation and creative solutions: explore ways to be ever more efficient and precise in their own areas of work and share new working methods with colleagues. Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for your own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency. Make commitments and respect commitments:
- Partnership: Connect and share between WFP units: suggests to the supervisor partnership opportunities with other units. Establish strong external partnerships: identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field to achieve common goals. Be politically agile and adaptable: Develop an understanding of the value of WFP teams and external partners in achieving team goals and objectives.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
- Demonstrate ability to perform current administrative activities in accordance with MAP procedures
- Ability to give ad hoc guidance to staff and partners
- Previous experience with the United Nations, MAP or an international organization would be an asset
- ADMINISTRATION-Business Support Services & Reporting
- ADMINISTRATION-Specialized Knowledge in Administrative Services
- ADMINISTRATION-Customer Focus
- ADMINISTRATION-Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering
- ADMINISTRATION-Resource Management for Administration & Engineering
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a long-term recruitment with 1 year of trial period.
"At the end of this recruitment, a roster of qualified candidates would also be set up to serve possible future needs for counterpart positions throughout Mali"