FHI 360, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
- Provide technical leadership to the Project to ensure integration of gender in program interventions focused on adolescent reproductive health and livelihoods.
- Design and deliver realistic and pragmatic gender strategies and programming interventions that will lead to positive gender equality outcomes.
- Integrate gender equality considerations in Results-Based Management monitoring and reporting methods.
- Track and report against gender indicators and disaggregate data by gender to analyze results within each domain.
- Conduct gender assessments, reviews and audits to assess ways to continually target involvement of women in nutrition sensitive and nutrition specific activities.
- Review and provide technical feedback on results and project reports to donors in order to ensure quality and full compliance with gender policy and progress towards achieving integration of gender in program.
- Advise and support the Programs and Partners to integrate gender into activities
- Develop tools, frameworks and resources to enable better gender integration in the Project.
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials and conferences.
- Prepare communications materials that highlight the Project’s gender equality programming, successes and lessons learnt.
Minimum requirements standards:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the relevant subject area(s), preferably in Gender, Social Work, Public Health, International development, or Community Development, is required.
- A Proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure gender integration in project design, implementation and M&E.
- Effective English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally in English.
- Ability to navigate politically sensitive terrain and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and transmit his/her vision to partners and colleagues.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.