Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist
Fhi 360, Kyrgyzstan
Closing Date for Applications:
The GESI Specialist will work closely with the Chief of Party and/or Deputy Chief of Party, the different technical leads, and the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to ensure that principles of gender equality and social inclusion, specifically youth and disability inclusion, are integrated into all aspects of project design, development, planning, monitoring, and implementation of activities under the USAID Deepening Linkages in Civic Participation Activity.
- Provides GESI-focused technical leadership and guidance to project leadership, other program technical leads, and the MEL team;
- Collaborates with a home office-based GESI Specialists and MEL team to conduct a GESI analysis at the beginning of the project with the goal of identifying key GESI-related issues and barriers that could impact full access and participation in program activities.
- Based on results of the GESI analysis, collaborates on the development of a GESI plan, establishment of GESI-specific program indicators, and integration of GESI activities and considerations into the program’s Plan of Work and M&E plan.
- Collaborates with MEL Team to conduct ongoing monitoring and analysis, ensuring program data is sufficiently disaggregated (e.g., by sex, age, ethnicity, social class, disability, location) for the purpose of reporting program progress against GESI-related indicators;
- Ensures that lab activities, advocacy and networking grants, and research efforts integrate GESI considerations and mainstream vulnerable and underrepresented groups.
- Designs and implements project activities that address the unique human rights challenges that women and girls face.
- Collaborates with home office-based GESI Specialists, to mentor and train project staff, partners, and stakeholders, on GESI integration and mainstreaming issues, tools, policies, and practices as relate to project objectives;
- Contributes to the development and refinement of tools, frameworks, and resources to promote full GESI integration in the project;
- Identifies successful practices in the project that can be features in reports, publications, communication materials, and conferences;
- Provides technical input project reports to ensure quality and full compliance with donor GESI policies and progress toward achieving GESI integration in the project;
- Provide necessary training and guidance related to GESI mainstreaming within the project’s internal operations and processes, including in recruitment and HR policies, in order to ensure a diverse team and an equitable work environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the relevant subject area(s), preferably in gender, social work, international development, or community development required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Five (5) years of experience designing, managing, and implementing activities to promote gender equality and social inclusion, especially youth and disability inclusion. Experience with economic development projects preferred;
- Technical expertise in gender equality in economic development as well as youth and disability inclusion;
- Demonstrated ability to ensure GESI integration in project design, implementation, and M&E;
- Experience developing and delivering GESI-themed content in training materials preferred;
- Experience in GESI-focused assessments, training, and organizational capacity-building preferred;
- Familiarity with GESI-related issues and barriers within the Kyrgyz Republic context.
- Ability to navigate culturally sensitive terrain and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and transmit her/his vision to partners and colleagues;
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office);
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company;
- Prior USAID experience preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Kyrgyz, Russian and proficiency in English required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.