Save the Children, Quezon City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The Gender Specialist is responsible for supporting the integration of a strong gender equality perspective on the RISE for Children Project. This may include ensuring gender mainstreaming throughout the project’s results based management frameworks, strengthening and supporting gender equality strategies and facilitating gender equality capacity strengthening for field teams via training and/or tool development. The post holder also provides technical support to the RISE project and other projects on gender equality, both remotely and via travel to work with field teams. Additionally, the post-holder will support the Thematic Unit team, with duties including but not limited to supporting the design of new programs as well as representing the country offic e on the development of gender equality tools, research, and trainings
- A post graduate University degree in Social Sciences with academic training in women’s studies, gender and development or a relevant field.
- 3-5 years work experience with an international development organization, with focus on women and girls/gender equality programming.
- Specific knowledge of international development and gender equality issues; experience engaging children on gender issues desirable.
- Knowledge and practical experience of working with a Results Based Management Framework and gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation systems and tools.
- Experience in developing and delivering successful training and staff capacity development initiatives
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively to support multi-tasking.
- Ability to work as part of a team, both following and supporting others.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and inspire others.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
- Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English.
- Excellent analytical skills, and experience with gender analysis.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Good familiarity, networking and working relationships with relevant organizations.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and fully complies with Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Guidelines.