Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for a Global Citizenship Education adviser (Projects and Partnerships) who has a passion for Global Citizenship Education, experience of working in this sector, particularly in formal education settings in the UK.
You will be able to bring together and work with a diverse range of partners and organisations to advocate for, and achieve impact in, delivering Global Citizenship Education in UK schools. You will have highly-developed networking and relationship-building skills and an ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in both Oxfam and the wider education sector.
You will be highly competent in complex project management and familiar with developing funding proposals and holding donor relationships. You will be able to support the production of Oxfam’s resources for schools, have strong monitoring and evaluation skills and an interest in Oxfam’s Global Citizenship Education across the confederation.
What we are looking for
As a Global Citizenship Education Adviser (Projects and Partnerships), you will have:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build, maintain and chair strong networks.
- Ability to apply a strong understanding of the principles and practice of Global Citizenship Education to advocacy and to work in schools.
- Outstanding project management skills with proven track record of successfully scoping, developing and delivering complex projects on time, on budget, and to a high standard.
- Extensive knowledge of the schools’ sector in the UK, and relevant social/cultural/political environment.
- Teaching experience in the formal education sector.
- Excellent ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders from different backgrounds and contexts.
- This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in the UK education sector, contributing to the quality of education through Global Citizenship Education which in turn develops active global citizens able and willing to support Oxfam’s vision for a just and sustainable world without poverty.
- You will be able to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in education and working with teachers, schools and young people. To role offers fair pay and a competitive benefits package.
- This role is to provide cover for an internal secondment, but there is a strong possibility that it could be made permanent.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.