PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to assure WVI management on the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes and to provide advice to accomplish its aspirations and goals by:
- Leading Risk Based Integrated Audit (RBIA) of Support/National/Regional Offices and Global Centre Functions: The scope includes the audit of key functions such as Marketing & Fundraising, Program/Operational effectiveness, Governance, and other ministry functions such as P&C, Supply Chain, Finance, Strategy etc.
- Leading Thematic Audits in a particular theme or risk, e.g., safeguarding, supply chain management, cyber security, that may cut across all entities in the Partnership.
- Providing advisory services to the Partnership and Business leaders on key organizational changes or initiatives aimed at minimizing threat to the achievement of ministry objectives.
- Promoting good stewardship over funding received among key stakeholders of audited entities to ensure alignment with WVI standards.
The incumbent will also be instrumental in rolling out and streamlining GIA strategic initiatives aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of its assurance and advisory services. Thus, the position is responsible and accountable for:
- Leading audit teams, training and building capacity of the auditors assigned on GC audit assignments.
- Effective engagement and collaboration with the audit clients.
- Recommending changes to the GIA’s audit procedures and/or tools based on knowledge generated by the GC audit teams.
- Persuasive and timely communication of risks to the audit client and WVI management.
- Promoting a Christ-centered internal audit environment.
- As an ambassador of GIA and a Trusted Advisor, this role is to lead audit engagements. This involves:
- Planning: Identify key risk areas through engagement and collaboration with key stakeholders, business owners, and the senior leaders to determine the scope of the audit.
Audit Work (including Thematic Audits):
- Determine the time and staffing needs based on scope of audit
- Engage with the business owners and the senior leadership team of the auditee to gain deeper understanding of the risks and plan audit tests.
- Guide and lead the team of auditors to ensure quality and timely execution of audit activities.
- Maintain positive relationships throughout the audit process through open and effective communication.
- Review the work of audit team to ensure that all work performed meet standards of GIA and capitalizes on opportunities for efficiency.
- Report timely the audit findings and recommendations identifying the root causes and risks.
- Advise partnership and business leaders on effective risk mitigation through advisory reviews of key organizational changes/initiatives.
- Involve at the initial planning meetings, especially when risk identification and mitigation are being discussed.
- Perform advisory review within three or six months of the implementation of the initiative or change.
Process Improvement & Simplification:
- As a change agent for improving processes and simplifying operations, this position shall:
- Develop a keen understanding of clients’ business needs, including key goals, risks, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement of each audit engagement.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement where each team member is empowered to identify areas of improvement within GIA standards.
- Recommend to GIA leadership weaknesses in GIA procedures, tools and services to make the process simpler and effective.
- Identifying trends through analysis of recurring audit issues to be highlighted to the partnership leaders and process owners.
Professional Development & Quality Assurance:
The position will ensure that the audit team maintains professional proficiency while assisting the GIA leadership with special tasks:
- Performing audits and investigations assigned by GIA leaders, including consulting engagements or specialized reviews, and providing assistance to external auditors whenever needed.
- Providing continuous feedback to local auditors after each engagement based on review of performance, ensuring that each team member has adequate opportunity for individual and professional development.
- Monitoring to ensure compliance with IIA standards for Continued Professional Education (CPE) hours.
- Promoting a Christ-centered internal audit environment by ensuring that significant team building and spiritual development activities are shared by the audit team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 5-7 years audit experience.
- Experience on Enterprise Risk Management, IT audits, Fraud Examination, Marketing & Fund Raising.
- At least 3 years of risk-based audit experience.
- Proven experience to produce quality outputs under pressure.
- Good knowledge of World Vision’s structure, regulations and operations.
- Cross-cultural working experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field.
- Fluency in English, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office standard packages.
- Fluency in any other of WVI’s official languages seen as a positive (i.e. French, Spanish, Portuguese).