PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Engineer role is expected to be familiar with the overall O365 environment and administration. They provide overall support to the daily running of this collaboration platform. This role will also advocate and support the Global Collaboration Solutions directions in enabling business to collaborate dynamically using different collaboration platforms.
Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of client’s business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Business and IT Strategy:
- Implements the tactical components of the IT strategy at an Enterprise level.
- Works with business partners to understand business needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Manage and assign licenses for the tenant.
- Manage support tickets related to O365/Collaboration group (Troubleshooting, guiding and solving issues).
- Generate reports on usage for collaboration solutions when necessary.
- Writing knowledge base articles for matters related to O365 and collaboration portfolio.
- Work with MS support in escalation cases to solve issues with platform.
- Assist in guiding principles and guidelines for O365 usage and other collaboration platforms.
- Manage PowerBi capacity tenant and license assignment.
- Assist and work with Infrastructure group with AD changes that may impact O365 or other collaboration platforms.
- Manage O365 AD Connect and troubleshoot issues related to sync to Azure AD.
Governance: Provides input into demand management process and executes on plan.
- Assists in the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current versus future state in a cohesive solution viewpoint.
- Works with other teams to determine the proper recommendation and solution.
- Gathers requirement, analyses and research on possible solutions.
- Aligns collaboration requirements with collaboration roadmap.
- Assesses near-term needs to establish business priorities.
- Analyzes the current platforms to identify weaknesses and develop workarounds/solutions for improvements.
- Identify and recommend possible solutions based on ACME framework on proper uses of collaboration platforms.
- Assist with project team and work on a timeline to deliver solution based on a project scope and deliverables
- Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
- Meets with project leaders to ensure progress towards collaboration alignment with project goals and requirements.
- Keeps IT’s technology and service managers aware of key customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
- Regularly broadcast on potential key updates on collaboration platform and inform partnership on what is new that will enhance the digital collaboration space.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies in the collaboration space that will enhance the productivity and collaboration within the organization.
- Provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Systems Analysis or a related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with and interfacing with other IT teams (Network, AD, etc).
- Strong technical background with collaboration solutions.
- Typically has 7 to 8 years of relevant IT work experience.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.