PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Manager (PM), Shared Services (SS) manages project/program related activities and interactions with cross functional team to implement business critical systems and controls in support of the enterprise-wide projects to the success of World Vision International (WVI) Shared Services program roadmap and impacting Support Offices (SO), Field Offices (FO) and Global Center functions.
Through this, he/she will provide tactical leadership into projects impacting this mission critical program towards completion of the existing roadmap. The Project Manager will work to develop and maintain existing customer relationships with the business customer, the Shared Services leadership, other Program Managers, and other critical stakeholders, thus overall supporting and assisting in developing closer working relationships with field offices and leadership around the world.
With all stakeholders, the Project Manager will work to ensure support, cooperation and consulting on guidance for active and potential project and continual improvement areas and opportunities. Good working relationships and ability to influence will be a key success factor for the Project Manager. This is mainly accomplished through the Manager's oversight of his/her project stakeholders of process subject matter experts, process owners, information technology (IT) staff, vendors, senior leadership, business analysts on a national and regional basis.
The ultimate goal of the projects and related work implemented will be to increase the effectiveness and efficiency through improvement within financial units along with project execution, coordination and communication between support and business functions. along with appropriate business process change and the deployment, coaching and mentoring of process transformation projects will be critical for success.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Ability to facilitate and lead collaboration across departments to design and ensure seamless implementation of systems and structures.
- Negotiates conflicts and resolves issues that arise.
- Acts as a mediator between stakeholders and team members.
- Resolves any issues and solves problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Project Planning & Standardization of Policies & Procedures:
- Develops, and continually updates, project plans and schedules.
- Develops product breakdown structures.
- Identifies project dependencies prior to the start of the project.
- Works with the Business Analysts and the client to define/refine the project scope.
- Facilitates the gathering of information required to estimate project cost, resources, time and deliverables.
- Prepares all project management baseline products.
- Ensures that the project outcome reflects the goals of the client.
- Utilizes established project standards, procedures.
- Contributes to the development of new quality metrics.
- Determines staffing requirements for project teams.
- Develops budget requests for resources.
- Works with resource managers in order to effectively align resources across projects.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
- Evaluates project performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
Continuous Improvement (CI):
- Provides support to Global SS Continuous Improvement program.
- Presents, facilitates and leads assigned process improvement events.
- Seeks and evaluates process improvement opportunities.
- Participates in and coordinates the development / scheduling events. Works with departmental management to assure appropriate participation and support.
- Provides Follow-up to monitor progress of assigned process improvement projects.
- Develops reports of overall CI activities including accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and anticipated needs.
- Identifies the elements of risk in a project.
- Analyzes and prioritizes project risks and assesses its potential impact to the client.
- Develops and maintains risk plans, processes and systems in order to mitigate risk.
- Creates action plan for risks that occur and follows through on plan.
- Maintains issue list, proactively escalating issues to project and departmental leadership to mitigate risk.
- Recommends and takes action to direct analysis and solution of problems.
- Develops a communication plan to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the interaction and communication with the client and project team.
- Coaches or mentors less experienced personnel.
- Promotes the creation of a culture of continuous improvement in support of the ongoing efficiencies generation activities.
- Coaches projects and mentors continuous improvement leaders across functional teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, engineering related field, or equivalent.
- Broad and deep experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Procurement operations; 7 or more years.
- Work experience with process design, process transformation and process improvement projects, preferably using Lean Sigma and/or other quality methodologies.
- Work experience with deploying mid-to-large scale IT systems and/or Shared Services; 5-7 years.
- Experience with formal project planning and using Microsoft Project.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification or equivalent experience.
- Previous leadership of projects and project staff direct reports and/or in matrix environment.
- Experience working with virtual and/or matrix teams.
- Experience working with cross-cultural team ideal.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of individuals.
- PMP project management certification strongly preferred.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- MBA desirable.
- Maturity, business acumen, and skills necessary to interact with senior leadership and executive leadership to ensure the provision of a timely and accurate project information.
- Experience contributing as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) developing and maintaining Finance and Procurement processes and/or tools, helping to lead change and future developments as required to lead towards overall best-in-class performance.
- Experience managing, and coaching/mentoring a team of project management professionals.
- Experience working with mind mapping tools.
- Experience with ERP systems, Expense management tools, business intelligence, databases, workflow scan solutions ideal.
- Excellent relational skills building relationships, resulting in strong relationships with internal customers/stakeholders who view them as a trusted partner.
- Proactive ability to anticipate a broad range of issues and concerns, developing solutions for the organization in a win-win format.
- Ability to translate technical information into common language so that non-technical individuals can readily understand the information.
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to (20% regional travel, 5% - 10% international) of the time.