Global Safeguarding Manager
Relief International, London, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
RI is committed to ensuring that all those involved in our work uphold the highest ethical standards and are safeguarded against any form of exploitation and / or abuse. The Global Safeguarding Manager will oversee all areas of safeguarding including children, vulnerable adults, discrimination, harassment, and bullying.
To do so, s/he will strengthen and deliver RI’s safeguarding program across the organization to ensure that safeguarding is an integral part of everything that RI does, oversee and coordinate investigations into safeguarding violations, and strengthen the capacity of key staff across the organization to raise awareness and champion best practice.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Implement RI’s safeguarding program to deliver our commitments to do no harm to anyone in the organization and anyone we come into contact with as part of our work.
- Build and maintain a culture where safeguarding considerations are of highest priority
- Build the capacities of country safeguarding focal points to ensure that concerns at country level can be raised and people supported, and that safeguarding awareness at country level is prioritised. This will involve continuously developing the safeguarding focal points as a network, offering advice and guidance as required.
- Strengthen organizational capacity to manage investigations into safeguarding violations, including developing a roster of staff as investigators through face to face and remote trainings and workshops.
- Respond to and where appropriate, investigate or coordinate the investigation of allegations of safeguarding violations directly, including maintaining comprehensive and confidential investigation case files, producing high quality investigation reports, and ensuring that RI meets its statutory and donor obligations to report safeguarding violations.
- Represent RI at professional groups (e.g. the IASC, AAP / PSEA Task Team, CHS Alliance etc)
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Proven track record of implementing safeguarding policy and practices and developing a safe and trusted culture in an international organization.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and best practice in safeguarding that apply to international organizations.
- Significant experience in conducting and coordinating safeguarding investigations.
- Experience designing and delivering capacity building initiatives to a diverse and international audience, including in safeguarding investigations and case management.
- Experience designing and delivering safeguarding awareness training in different settings for varied audiences, with the ability to adapt complex information according to the audience.
- Ability to work strategically and practically across multi-cultural teams
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Clear communication and public speaking skills, capable of delivering messages appropriately to a variety of audiences, building a sense of passion and engagement.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to communicate in all forms (written, verbal, negotiation, presentation skills, etc.)