Summary of the position:
Under close supervision, an intern will perform entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in various functional areas throughout the company. Performs assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. May perform duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports; basic arithmetic computations; assist in preparing written reports; accompany professional level employees on assignments; conduct interviews with clients or internal personnel to obtain basic information for departmental use; contacts other departments or outside agencies by phone to request or give information and other related duties as assigned. Assignments serve to offer practical experience and broad exposure to the company’s organizational structure. Utilizes current company-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments. Note: Specific activities vary by assignment. A wide range of college majors are considered based on specific needs of department such as: Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Health, Purchasing, Public Administration, Community Development and Communications.
- Analyzes, generates, and maintains records and other reference material necessary for departmental use.
- Answers and makes phone calls, responds to program related questions, and sends written material as appropriate.
- Composes, types, and prints reports, general letters, spreadsheets, e-mail, and memoranda from rough drafts or general instructions, involving the assembly of data from computer and paper file or record sources.
- Applies research techniques and analytical methods to the study of administrative systems, organizational structures, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts special studies in conjunction with a project, analyzes data and makes
- recommendations based upon studies
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses basic office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Utilizes program specific terminology
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos, and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Provides answers to requests for general information.
- Records and documents information accurately
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in a related field.
Preferred Technical Experience: Smartsheet, PowerBI, Microsoft Excel