The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
WFP’s greatest strength is its dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable. The global context in which WFP operates is rapidly changing which means the need for effective people management is becoming important than ever before. To achieve this, we need outstanding HR professionals to get involved and contribute to drive our people agenda.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Global Talent Acquisition Branch supports the organization to equip its workforce with the right capabilities by hiring best in class professionals and building a talent pipeline for future organizational needs. The function is going through a major transformation from administrative led to strategic focused, in order to strengthen WFP’s HR capabilities and enable the organization to achieve its strategic objectives. In this context, WFP is recruiting a Global Talent Acquisition Manager at the P4 level to be the subject matter expert in Talent Acquisition, providing market leading expertise across the WFP’s Global HR community. He/she will have a global responsibility to shape and implement the Global Talent Acquisition strategy and solutions which ensure the organization will proactively attract, select and hire people of the highest calibre with the capabilities and motivation to achieve our mandate.
The role is based in our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The incumbent will lead the Global Talent Acquisition team and will work with internal and external stakeholders, in order to:
- Engage and collaborate with the different HR Division branches and organization leaders to lead the implementation of the Global Talent Acquisition strategy, evolving it as required in line with WFP’s strategic plan;
- Develop or renew best in class Global Talent Acquisition solutions, plans, processes, policies and systems in line with the strategy and operating plans across the organization;
- Lead and motivate a team of HR staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance;
- Make the Talent Acquisition team a Center of Excellence that provides technical advice, the latest thinking and tools to support the implementation of the Talent Acquisition strategy across our Headquarters, Regional Bureaux and Country Offices;
- Partner with senior managers to define and implement the appropriate talent acquisition strategies for the organization;
- Build an appealing employer brand using leading-edge tools including social media, and contribute to the development of the global people communication strategy to support the roll-out of new programmes or alterations to existing programmes;
- Use data analytics to inform Talent Acquisition decisions, taking into account relevant factors (e.g. the organization’s strategic objectives, current and future business demand, demographics, attrition, capability, geography, critical and scarce skills, etc.);
- Expand relevant talent pools through identifying sources of global required talent, including new sources of diverse talent, and develop relationships with key universities, institutions and communities as appropriate;
- Ensure recruitment policies and approaches are regularly refreshed to remove bias and prevent discrimination;
- Ensure the delivery of fair and effective assessment and selection steps that take account of gender, cultural differences and norms, and meet standards for diversity and fair access of opportunities for all;
- Develop strategic approach to third-party vendor solutions including external search firms, social media, assessment tools, recruitment advertising, background screen vendors, etc. to achieve optimal cost and service levels;
- Work closely with the Global Capability Development function to facilitate onboarding activities to introduce and sustain WFP’s corporate culture and support new hires’ transition;
- Stay relevant and up-to-date with market practices and external networks to build recognized capability and credibility. Use this knowledge to identify areas for improvement, share insights with global teams, and build capability in the Talent Acquisition team to ensure policies, processes, systems and tools are employed consistently and effectively.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Public or Business Administration or related areas or a first university degree with additional years of related work experience and HR trainings/certificates.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive relevant HR experience, leading the design, development and facilitation of talent management programs, with at least 5 years leading a talent acquisition area and large scale global talent management strategy and solutions;
- Experience in designing and leading transformational initiatives in HR, preferably in the Talent Acquisition area.
- Experience working with Senior Management level.
- Vendor and budget management.
- Minimum of 5 years leading diverse teams, with overall responsibility on all aspects of team management.
- International experience is a must.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English (level C) with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Deep knowledge of Talent Acquisition principles and concepts, and the latest trends and tools available in the market;
- Deep business acumen and strategic business viewpoint;
- Excellent workforce data analysis skills;
- Ability to analyze complex problems creatively and develop innovative and strategic solutions with a customer/client focus;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills to influence and collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts across business functions, levels and geographical areas;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Expertise with current practices, supporting technologies, and digital media (including social) to address talent acquisition and branding challenges;
- Confidence in ability to work in a broader change management role to support business transformation programmes.