NRC is an independent humanitarian organisation, with Head Office in Oslo, Norway and working in crises across the whole world. NRC has a global workforce of more than 7,000 directly employed staff, including 450 international staff, and almost 300 Head Office staff in Norway. Worldwide, NRC has approximately 6,500 nationally employed staff in over 30 countries.
As Global Unit4 Business World Adviser, you will join the Global Finance section at the Head Office in Oslo. The section has the overall responsibility to ensure that NRC delivers high quality, effective and accountable financial management in line with policies, strategies, donor requirements, national legislation, systems, handbooks and guidelines.
More specifically, you will be responsible for development, roll-out/implementation and support on the various Unit4 Business World (UBW) / Agresso modules (Finance, Payroll, Project, Procurement) hosted in the cloud by Unit4 and used by 1.800 employees throughout the organisation. This involves taking a lead role in ensuring that the NRC’s UBW solutions meet the needs and requirements and is used efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Data architecture and technical development of NRC’s UBW system and tools to ensure efficient processes, a leading role in the sector and accountability to donors and beneficiaries
- Continuous adaptation of NRC’s UBW systems, procedures and tools in close cooperation with Head Office departments, Regional Offices, Country Offices and Representation offices
- Provision of capacity development through seminars, training's and coaching along the technical reporting lines to Head Office departments, Regional Offices, Country Offices and Representation offices
- The development of training materials and provision of technical support and guidance related to the use of NRC’s UBW systems
- Representation of NRC in relevant fora and negotiations towards relevant suppliers
- NRC’s UBW Procurement and Assets/Inventory system
- NRC’s Unit4 Excelerator templates for budgeting, booking, monitoring and reporting
- The development of policies and strategies related to our UBW solutions, reflecting the requirements of and demands from all stakeholders
- Professional knowledge and experience with UBW / Agresso or other similar ERP-systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel and Unit4 Excelerator
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures in relation to procurement and financial information systems
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Relevant experience within the humanitarian field is an advantage
- You are able to work independently, run structured processes and deliver timely end-results of good quality.
- You work well with handling several tasks at the same time, but you know how to prioritise and organise the workload efficiently.
- You are dedicated and service-minded, you are able to resolve issues/problems using sound judgement, and you have a natural inclination to communicate with impact and respect.