CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek a Governance Expert for the upcoming Mid-Term Evaluation for USAID/Nepal’s Public Financial Management Strengthening Project (PFMSP). The purpose of this Mid-term Evaluation of the PFMSP is to:
- Determine whether the activity is on track to accomplish its intended results and recommend course corrections if necessary.
- Assess the extent to which the activity’s interventions are effective and whether the developmental hypothesis and theory of change remain valid.
- Examine whether the activity’s approaches remain relevant given the evolving federal context, and recommend adjustments, if warranted.
- Assess the degree to which there is early evidence of sustained results.
- Determine whether the activity is advancing on the Mission’s GESI policy.
- USAID will use the results of the mid-term evaluation to make necessary course corrections to the activity and to inform future programming decisions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the evaluation team by integrating knowledge of local governance issues into the evaluation design and activities.
- Review key documents for this project.
- Support the design and pilot testing of data collection tools in the field.
- Code and analyze qualitative data.
- Lead and support a data collection unit. Gather data through focus group discussions and key informant interviews with PFMSP stakeholders.
- Present findings to the USAID/Nepal Mission, as relevant.
- Contribute to the drafting and finalization evaluation reports.
- Extensive experience in governance reform, preferably fiscal governance, working with USAID or other donor agencies and government agencies of Nepal.
- A minimum of a master’s degree, preferably in financial management, in a relevant subject area.
- At least seven years’ of experience as a member of an evaluation team.
- Experience leading or serving as a senior technical expert in governance/PFM reforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; writing samples, and three professional references, will be requested.