WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) assume a substantial role for public sector business and its ability to make a major contribution towards their achievement. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development gives business a significant role to play in efforts to achieve the SDGs, based on their ability to invest and innovate in a sustainable way. Achieving the SDGs requires collective action, shared responsibility and financing from multiple sources, especially of the public sector financial institutions.
To achieve the ambitious plan of sustaining all the strategic interventions of Egypt’s WFP CO, the public-sector contribution should improve and strengthens long-term partnerships with financial institutions, companies, foundations and high-net worth individuals. This includes leveraging the capacities of this segment to build long lasting partnerships that goes beyond resources but expands to leaving a mark to future development visions of the country.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Marketing Communications or another relevant field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training courses
- Experience: At least three years of work experience in a programme, fund or agency of the United Nations in the areas of resource mobilization, external relations, partnerships, communications, public information or programme support
- Languages: Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), and typically report to a more senior Government Partnerships Officer. Job holders are likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To collect, analyse and report on information to develop new and existing government partnerships and maximise resources raised to support WFP programmes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support projects and operational activities that maintain and develop Public and Financial sector partnerships in order to maximize resources raised for the programme.
- Contribute to the management of a portfolio of partnerships, providing coordination, data and analysis to support effective solicitation of contributions, donor stewardship and assessment of results.
- Assist the CO in the identification of funding opportunities, development of partnerships and collaboration with different national stakeholders, including high-performing local financial institutions, for sustaining the implementation of the CO CSP;
- Coordinate and lead fundraising activities with financial institutions and banking sector, through appropriate channels and solid network;
- Provide support to technical units, to assist them, as required, to effectively mobilize donor resources
- Strengthen the core streams of public sector engagement, including but not limited to Corporate Social Responsibility, financial institutions, banks, strategic foundations, etc.
- Track and collate data to support senior managers in developing new strategies to maintain and increase funding from new and traditional donors.
- Monitor overall donor and partners outreach activities to ensure that relationships, content development, follow-up and reporting are being managed appropriately.
- Lead and/or support proposal development teams in the fundraising process.
- Develops Memorandum of Understandings as may arise from public partnerships.
- Work in collaboration with other government partnerships officers to ensure the flow of information and with other WFP units to align activities and ensure donor visibility and that donor conditions are met.
- Represent WFP at international meetings at appropriate levels, sharing information that raises awareness of the government partnerships strategy and objectives, and builds support for WFP activities.
- Provide technical input to inform WFP on how to advise on approaches that would be suitable for the sustainability of WFP intervention using national financial institutions.
- Other as required.