World Vision, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is critical to the finance department of the organization. The grant accountant is the primary point of contact when it comes to providing technical support in Grant Accounting and ensuring compliance to Grants regulations and relevant financial policies. This individual will provide support to various projects including budgeting, reporting and risk management, ensuring that terms and conditions of the grants are met. The candidate will have good collaboration and analysis skills.
- Financial Reporting and Accountability
- Budget Management and Control
- Policy management and Internal Control
- Risk Management and Internal Control
- Record Keeping
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Strong leadership and demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, prioritize tasks and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Have a positive attitude
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- The holder should be CPA part III or equivalent,
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a NGO. Experience should include proposal budget development, Reporting and post award management
- Detailed knowledge of USAID regulations (2 CFR 200), GOG, WFP, SHF/OCHA, DFAT, UNICEF, FAO, GIZ and EU regulations
- A good understanding of the full cycle of a grant
- A good Understanding of US GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (advanced user of excel)
- Experience in sub-grantee management and capacity building
- Computer software skills like sun systems is highly preferred
- Analytical skills (Dashboard reporting, Power BI)
- Knowledge of the Somalia context is an added advantage
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: The Position holder will be on call in case of any emergencies that require his/her urgent attention.