To assist Grant Finance Department in coordinating grant reporting and reviewing all grant documentation for compliance with Donor requirements and regulation, Review implementation of CAL and LDR policies and ensure that all the grants maintain financial records by preparing accounting reports and statements according to Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and reconciling accounts and implementing policies, systems, and internal controls in order to promote stewardship of World Vision Zambia resources.
Ensure stakeholder satisfaction as well as donor retention through reporting, liaison of financial information that is complete, accurate, relevant and reliable
- Budget development in LEAP format - ensuring all project activities are adequately budgeted for and contribute to meet the project objectives.
- Revise the Grant budget whenever there is an amendment to ensure that cash/activity forecast are approved by donor for implementation.
- Provide information to all field or program officers pertaining to the availability of funds.
- Ensure budget availability before an activity is initiated.
Grant Monitoring and Compliance
- Budgetary control-monitoring that expenditure is according to the agreed and approved budget.
- Ensuring that expenditure is in compliance with donor regulations, WV policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and with the agreed and approved budget.
- Conducting field visits and capacity to sub grantees.
- Review and suggestion strengthening of internal controls where necessary.
Disbursement and Payment reviews
- Review of payment request voucher to ensure sufficient and appropriate documentation, that it is properly coded and costs are according to cost principles( i.e. allowable, allocable and reasonableness)
- Perform detailed voucher verification to ensure compliance to WV policies and procedures.
- Ensure that payments are approved by authorized personnel all the time.
Grant Financial Reporting
- Ensuring correctness and availability of financial information for input into the National Office reporting system on a timely basis.
- Extract ,review and analyse SunSytems data to ensure correctness and completeness in readiness for report preparation.
- Reviewing sub grantee reports and make them ready for in-putting into sun system.
- Provide a summary project expenses to Program Managers to monitor the expenditure against the budget.
- Provide variance analysis to management and program on the financial expenditures.
- Review partners reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Preparation and submission of Financial Reports according to the donor prescribed formats on a timely basis.
- Manage the balance sheet accounts of the grants which include among other things cash, bank balances , staff advances, payables and receivables.
- Reconcile PBAS by harmonizing details for receipts from donor and support offices.
- Prepare Bank reconciliations.
- Review funding requests from the sub grantees.
- Facilitate and ensure all the projects are funded on a timely basis.
- Communicate with sub-grantees on grant finance management.
Audits and Risk Management
- Facilitating both external and internal audit .
- Ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented within the prescribed time.
- Ensure analytic review documents are prepared for audit purposes.
- Resolve and implement audit recommendations and apply lessons learnt.
- Identify potential and inherent risks and device ways to mitigate their occurrence.
- Train partners in grant financial management and reporting.
- Train program staff on grant financial management.
- Advise partners on WV policies and donor regulations.
- Liaise with stakeholders on grant project related matters.
- Providing grant expenditures and other information needed for strategic management especially in relation to grants as a strategic source of funding for World Vision.
- Attend to queries and give any advice needed by stakeholders as pertaining grants( This means taking the role of resident financial advisor on grant management).