World Vision, Arua, Uganda
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
Work with the Response Finance Manager in budget preparations, monitoring grants budgets, MYPBAS commitments against approved budgets and expenditure, prepare financial reports and assist finance & operations staff in understanding basics of government/multilateral grants regulations and World Vision International Financial policies.
- Documentation, reporting and knowledge management:
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual program financial reports to different donors, follow-ups and maintain donors’ relationships.
Audit & Risk Management:
Prepare grants for audits, review and assist in the implementation of program and financial audit recommendations with a view of providing adequate implementation plan to ensure recommendations are implemented on timely basis.
- Budget Management: Prepare and revise program budgets and cash flows in line with donor requirements, financial policies and procedures and advise management concerning appropriate actions to be taken in order to achieve set objectives in line with donor requirements
- Payment of project expenses: Review program expenditures to ensure proper documentation, coding, donor requirements and WV financial policies compliances, budget availability and initiate any necessary corrections or adjustments
- Track Payable & Receivable: Track payable and receivable accounts for vendors and program staff on a monthly basis and maintain them at low levels so as not to put program funds at risk.
- Update Grant document: Update grant files with proposals, grant agreements, budgets, financial reports, narrative reports, cost extensions, no cost extensions and other relevant correspondences.
- Asset Management: Track and Monitor the use of program assets and equipment as per World Vision Policies and provide assets and equipment report to the management on quarterly basis for corrective actions.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration/Commerce-with Accounting option
- Minimum of 2 years professional work experience in accounting, preferable with NGO
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing, facilitation
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
- Excellent computer application skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Team player, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Computer literacy
- Perform other duties as required