Grant Acquisition and Management Officer
World Vision , Yerevan, Armenia
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to lead the Grant Acquisition for World Vision Armenia (WVA), as well as to support WVA in donor engagement and fundraising. Moreover, this position supports and contributes to overall knowledge management and evidence building for improved program quality.
Grant Acquisition and Management
- Support and contribute to development of WVA Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) Strategy and Business plans,
- Implementation of WV Armenia grants acquisition execution,
- Proactively coordinate donor engagement,
- Coordinate team efforts for GAM purposes.
- Apply “ProposalPro” modules when necessary,
- Develop grant concepts and proposals in cooperation with other stakeholders,
- Ensure that WV Armenia grant concepts/proposals meet both quality standards and donor requirements,
- Ensure that grant concepts and proposals are complementary/in line to the technical program designs where possible,
- Provide support for PNSF (private non-sponsorship funds) and local fundraising,
- Provide support to GAM processes at South Caucasus level (in particular for Abkhazia programs).
Partnership and Pre-positioning
- Proactive networking for donor engagement and relation nurturing,
- Research donor strategy for alignment and coordination,
- Develop pre-positioning strategy and plans for targeted audiences,
- Develop and implement plans for stronger donor engagement,
- Ensure WVA representation in WV internal and external events and communications,
- Assist program in locating appropriate partners for grant acquisition and assist with negotiations,
- Assist in developing of materials for pre-positioning.
- Provide required capacity building to program staff and partners for effective GAM implementation.
- Grant Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Assist program/ project managers in establishment of goals and objectives, setting of indicators, development of implementation plans, monitoring & evaluation plans, monitoring and reporting, as well as evaluation of grant projects.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, sociology, or other social sciences, MBA or equivalent is preferred;
- Thorough understanding of the historical, cultural, political and socioeconomic situation in the country;
- Experience in proposal writing and donor engagement;
- Knowledge of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors;
- Solid knowledge of donor community and strategies;
- Being an experienced networker with ability to maintain good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities and trends in the relevant sector;
- Strong organization and delegation abilities, high performance, quality standards and negotiation skills;
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and cultural sensitivity;
- Facilitation and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proven knowledge of and skills for computer software applications;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30 % of the time.