PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision seeks a full-time Grant Finance Co-ordibator (based in Amman or Gaziantep) for the proposed USAID-funded two-year, multi-sector humanitarian program in northern Syria. Through a consortium approach, the programme will provide gender-sensitive, coordinated assistance in order to limit the loss of life and mitigate human suffering in conflict-affected communities. To achieve this goal, this project will technically implement Health and Nutrition, WASH, Shelter, and Non-Food Item activities through both fixed and mobile locations, including the programme’s Rapid Response Mechanism.
The Grant Finance Co-ordinator will support a large WV-led humanitarian consortium in providing financial, budgeting, and auditing support to both WV and consortium partner teams in Jordan and Turkey. Main responsibilities of the position will include assisting in maintaining the financial records by preparing accounting reports and statements (for WV and reviewing consortium partner records and reports), reconciling accounts, and processing/reviewing entries and vouchers in order to ensure smooth functioning of financial systems for the consortium. The Grant Finance Co-ordinator will provide quality service to field teams, the consortium management, partners, and other WV offices. She/He will work closely with all relevant stakeholders.
- Project Financial Management
- Ensure compliance w/Grant/Donor requirements.
- Ensure that all financial transactions have relevant backup documentation, corresponding to WVI and donor regulations.
- Deal with project specific Cash and Bank Books
- Train the project(s) local partner organizations and consortium partners in financial reporting according to WV and donors’guidelines and requirements.
- Make sure that all BS and IS accounts relating to the project are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with Grant Finance Director and Programme Officer on donor compliance issues and procedures, advice on possible disallowed costs, budget amendment(s)
- Advice and make relevant projections of the expenditures taking into the consideration the burn-rate and exchange rate issues.
- Work closely with Finance colleagues, consortium management and WV US office on compliance, reporting, exchange rate and projections issues
- Work closely with external and internal auditors on interim and final audits (provide required documentation, coordinate explanations as required, etc.), - prepare interim 'desk audits' of Local Partner in-countries
- Extracting and Sending Preliminary and Final designated Financial Reports for review of the management
- Prepare other reports in donor formats as required
- Follow up on variance explanations and projections with Programme Officer
- Proactively gather, label and store financial information, reporting in an organized manner in accordance with guidance from the Info. Mgt officer and the FAST consortium info management protocols
Coordination and Capacity Building
- Ensure Institutional Understanding of Donor Regulations, research and share knowledge of OFDA regulations/guidelines with colleagues in programme and finance departments
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all budget holders, providing sound advice on grant financial management and compliance
- Identify, train and mentor office staff in the application and interpretation of grants financial management practices
- Assist Grants Finance Director Finance with development of guidelines to improve procedures in place for administering grants
- Regularly communicate grants financial management practices to colleagues in programme and finance departments
- Be familiar with WV security plan
- Follow security policies, rules, procedures and instructions
- Represent WV in an appropriate and professional manner
- Contribute to a healthy team spirit and team work
- Adhere to WV Child Protection policy and standards and stay committed to WV vision statement and core values;
Miscellaneous: Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor or FAST Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degree or equivalent in accounting and finance or any relevant field;
- Practical knowledge of financial basics and basic accounting principles
- Proficiency in the use of MS excel and other Microsoft packages,
- Able and has the experience of preparing basic financial reporting templates, prepare and analyse financial reports
- Must be self-motivated, innovation, able to work under pressure
- Basic understanding of business principles.
- Be organized, accurate and able to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Creative, organizational and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to work within and across teams and with all levels of staff and stakeholders; resourceful and innovative;
- Willingness to assume duties and responsibilities in all areas of finance / budgeting, as needed;
- At least three years of experience workingin finance with an International NGO or NGO in a government grant funding context.
- Effective in written and oral communication in English. Arabic is an advantage
- Prior experience of financial capacity building of partners and staffs
- Skill of conducting partners financial capacity assessment, financial monitoring and fraud investigation
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-finance properly
- Experience with international NGOs or other similar organizations responding to the humanitarian context in Syria or neighboring countries is desirable. Strong communication skills
- Experience with Sun Systems