FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position Grantee Specialist.
The Office of Head Start Region XII Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) network provides local grantees with high-quality, sustained, and intensive training and technical assistance. T/TA is provided to individual grantees, to clusters of grantees with similar interests, and at state and regional events. Region XII includes Migrant and Seasonal grantees in 37 states across the country.
The Grantee Specialist will provide intensive on-site training and technical assistance to grantees with program and management compliance findings identified through the federal monitoring process, at the direction of the Regional Office
- Grantee Specialists will be required to work on-site for periods of time ranging from one day to several weeks;
- Provide technical assistance to grantees with deficiencies in the development of a comprehensive Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) by exploring root causes and analysis of the findings for submission to the Regional Office;
- Maintain regular and timely communication with the appropriate Regional Office staff assigned to work with grantees throughout the duration of the assignment with the grantees. At the direction of the Regional Office, this may include regular debriefing meetings following on-site visits, participation in risk management meetings, staffing and other meetings;
- At the direction of the COR and Regional TTA Coordinator, consult with and secure the assistance of Content Specialists at the OHS Central Office;
- Notify the Regional Office regarding any problems encountered in implementing corrective actions prior to the follow-up review;
- Work with grantees with concerns raised through the Regional Office oversight process, including national and regional briefings, risk management meetings, annual visits and review of other data sources, such as the Program Information Report (PIR), refunding application analysis, and monthly enrollment reporting. Provide grantees with training and technical assistance that is designed to help them strengthen their internal systems; and
- At the direction of the Regional Office, develop and provide training in topical areas to audiences including Regional Office staff, grantees and state partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, social sciences, or any other related field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of managing data collection and Head Start technical assistance experience.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must have experience working with migrant and seasonal communities.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish highly desired.
- Experience working with birth to five preferred
- Demonstrated fiscal experience and be knowledgeable about Head Start fiscal regulations.
- Demonstrated expertise in disabilities highly desired.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Position will require at least 50% of travel.
- Offer will be contingent on award of proposal and approval of funder.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.