Grants Accounting Manager
WorldFish, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- Supervise, manage and lead the team of Grant Accountants in post-award accounting and finance support for all grants.
- This includes establishing project files (OCS and/or hard copy) , budgeting, participating/leading kick-off meetings with staff and partners, accounting (including accrual and advance management), reporting, ongoing monitoring and ultimate project closure in compliance with WorldFish policies and donor requirements.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external auditors to meet project audit requirements.
- Ensure donor reporting practices and processes are developed and followed with a view to ensuring full compliance with donor contracts and accurate, reliable, timely donor reporting that is fully reconciled to the general ledger.
- Ensure master project records, files and data is accurately maintained in the in-house system and effectively archived.
- Develop portfolio-wide reporting practices to ensure continuous monitoring of project spending to project leaders and Center management to support.
- Liaise with regional offices to ensure project accounts are correctly maintained and accounting procedures and treatments are in compliance with established guidelines and policies (Donor and Center).
- Develop and implement standard procedures for Grant Accountants to follow on a monthly basis to ensure that budget adjustments, project coding, forex implications, and other donor requirements are all dealt with in a timely and consistent manner.
- Perform capacity building missions to regional offices to ensure staff are well informed on donor regulations, required accounting and coding practices.
- Approve new donor budgets and expense coding structure for new grants awarded.
- Review of past risk assessments, identify current and emerging key risks in operation and management areas, and provide evaluation and mitigation plans / recommendations to the management.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a membership in an internationally recognized accounting institute (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong technical financial accounting and reporting experience, with at least 2 years working for accounting / auditing firm, and at least 3 years in supervisory role managing 3 finance staff or more.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in complex accounting systems and intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills.
- Proficient in English language both in writing and oral.
- Experience in preparing donor reports in not-for-profit setting.
- Experience with Agresso or other ERP system is desirable.