Grants Administrative Manager
Mercy Corps, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Program Implementation support
- Assist the CoP in managing key administrative and operational components of the RISE project.
- Coordinate and assemble periodic reports (quarterly and semi-monthly) including annual ARR (Annual results report) and PREP (Pipeline and Resource Estimate Proposal) preparations.
- Assist the CoP in overseeing field office operations - Keep records of the regularly scheduled meetings with field offices and track and remind all of follow-up actions required.
- Act as liaison between Mercy Corps, NGOs and other entities. This may include representing Mercy Corps at certain meetings and/or forums. Keeping written record of all such meetings as authorized by Chief of Party.
Grant management support
- Tracking of a wide range partner grants in terms of meeting key program and compliance requirements.
- Conducting Compliance visits to Partner organization with the Finance department
- Follow up of long term accounts (WFP services, secondary transport, loaders, etc.).
- Track and flag issues on budgets vs actuals (BVA)s produced by finance.
- Track EPAR charges to the project.
- Ensure that managers develop, maintain and report on DIP (Detailed Implementation Plans), projections, IPTT (Indicators Performance Tracking Table), etc.
- Conduct monthly review of a sample of transaction to review compliancy and identify any non-complaint issues if any.
- Ensure data entry and follow up of the compliance tracker required for the Complex Programs Board, flag issues with the compliance tracker when arising.
- Set up and maintain filing systems of all protocols and important documents for the project.
- Conduct administrative tasks as required.
Team Leader Role in Program Management for the Country Office
- Developing Program management dashboard for the Country office
- Conduct trainings on the use of dashboard
- Assist in the assessment of Program management in the country office
- Ensure country Office programs have Set up and maintain filing systems of all protocols and important documents for the projects.
Coordination and Representation support
- Represent Mercy Corps when CoP is unavailable, to government, donors and NGOs and other relevant actors in the field when requested by the CoP.
- Liaise with local government officials, UN and other international agencies, local NGOs and civil society organizations, local religious leaders and other community members to foster coordination and ensure support for and acceptance of Mercy Corps activities when required by the CoP.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/S degree in administration, international relations, finance or other related degree.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in the field in administrative role or project role
- Previous experience in project management and in complex budget oversight
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Willingness to travel and work in difficult conditions
- Previous experience on compliance and grant management
- Demonstrated experience in operating in international teams
- Computer skills (excel, word, etc.)
- Good analytical capacity and strong sense of organization
- Rigorous, attentive to details, meticulous
- Demonstrated capacity to constantly meet targets and deadlines
- Capacity to engage and interact with local authorities and other governmental representatives
- French and English language skills in verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills are necessary