The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6,000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world's largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC in the Islamic Republic of Iran:
The Islamic Republic of Iran hosts an estimated 3,6 million Afghans, one of the largest and most protracted refugee caseload worldwide. NRC supports the Government efforts towards refugees, displaced and disaster affected populations. We have grown to become the largest international NGO, currently operating in 8 provinces across the country.
NRC is the largest international NGO operating in Iran. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
About the position: Grants Coordinator for NRC Iran:
NRC is now seeking an experienced Grants Coordinator to contribute to achieving quality programming by closely NRC Iran Programme Unit. The Grants Coordinator will support the Grants Manager and Head of Programme in ensuring effective grants management including, internal and donor compliance requirements, timely and quality proposal development as well as reporting, and acting as the focal point for the key mandatory activities under NRC’s Project Cycle Management (PCM). S/he ensures NRC programme/support teams are informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and NRC procedures and supports donor’ reporting and proposals.
Our ideal Candidate:
- Are you NRC's future Grants Coordinator? Do you want to make a change in lives of vulnerable Afghans? Can you develop proposals and able to provide good reports? Are you good in communication and interpersonal skills? Do you have a knowledge regarding humanitarian field? Do you have good understanding of donor rules and regulations?
- NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a strategical thinker with strong organizational/coordination skills with a proven capacity and knowledge of Grants coordination in humanitarian field .
Here are some of the important responsibilities of Grants Coordinator:
- Organize proposal planning meetings and coordinate proposal development for NRC Iran’s portfolio of donors;
- Build positive working relationships with programmes and support teams to coordinate and support development of high quality proposals using NRC Grant Management tools (proposal development calendar, internal log-frame, procurement plan, internal budgeting tool);
- Support the programme, support and M&E teams for organizational assessments of implementing partners as per NRC’s Grants Management procedures and donor regulations;
- Support the Head of Programme in reviewing donor contracts, flag any issue that might challenge NRC’s procedures, and support contract negotiations;
- Together with the Head of Programme, summarize in writing, key reporting and compliance requirements (compliance checklist) including potential issues for Grant Opening Meetings;
- Work with the relevant Area Manager (s)/ Core Competency Specialist (s)/Head of Programme (for multiple areas grant) to ensure Grant Opening Meetings are arranged and take place within 30 days of the grant being activated and all mandatory internal documents are in place (internal logframe, internal budget, procurement plan, M&E matrix);
- Coordinate the finalization of donor reports ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports and that they meet quality standards; Keep track of project review meetings and support Area Managers/CC specialists/Head of Programme (for multiple areas grant) in conducting quarterly PRM for each grant (rhythm to be adapted to each project and defined with HoP);
- Support of the closure of grants, including Grants Closing Meetings
- Ensure all key grant documents for a grant is available within the programme unit by maintaining a standardized information management/filing systems in relation with the support unit;
- Visit area offices to support with capacity building of staff and roll-out of PCM activities;
- Support the Head of Programme to ensure correct and up-to-date maintenance of Grants Tracker;
- Assists Advocacy and Communication unit to compile the visibility annexes and documentation related to the various donor grants
- Support external donor audits in collaboration with Head of Support
- Participate to the tracking of relevant calls for proposals on donors’ websites
- Between 3-5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Relevant experience in terms of project management
- Experience working with humanitarian and development donors is an asset
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Farsi
- Proven skills in report and proposal development
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure