Grants Finance Manager
World Vision, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide financial management and oversight over grant funded activities, in terms of budget monitoring and control, production and analysis of donor financial reports, ensuring compliance to World Vision Field Financial Manual, donor regulations and procedures, perform constant review of policies, systems and internal control measures including capacity building of grant staff in-order to effectively and efficiently utilize donor resources.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Promote financial accountability for grants to ensure compliance to both World Vision policies and Donor Regulations.
- Monitor actual grant expenditures against approved donor line items on a monthly basis to display rapid decision making and proper planning.
- Liaise with support office and grant donors as regards to grant/budgetary issues for timely funding.
- Ensure timely financial reporting as per approved grant agreements.
- Ensure that bank reconciliation statements are prepared and reviewed on time and outstanding issues are followed up and cleared on a timely basis to comply with World Vision Field Financial manual.
- Build capacity of Grant Finance staff by establishing and supervising of all work practices including the provision of opportunities for orientation, training development and succession planning to achieve high levels of implementation and smooth succession planning.
- Strategic planning and management through the provision of technical support in grant acquisition and proposal budget preparations.
- Review all field and National office staff LDR and reconcile with payroll and ensure LDR summary are prepared to comply with LDR policy.
- Ensure Audit recommendation for grants funded project are adhered to.
- Ensure that Cost Allocation Methodology allocation is done in compliance with World Vision CAL policy to ensure fair allocation of charges to various projects.
- Design report in sun system and vision excel and /Executive Design.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum Educational level requirement: University Degree in Accounting and Finance.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Knowledge in Sun systems and Vision XL and Executive. Be familiar with USAID Grant Regulations.
- Experience- At least five years related experience preferably in NGO with 3 years on Supervisory role.
- Other: Previous grant accounting knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Requires good communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead (choose one) in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: Not necessarily.