PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the WVUS Grants Solutions team of hosted and shared service staff based in FRSC, Manila.
This position will also design and deliver e-Learning and/or workshop based content for grant staff, including GC, RO, NO, SO’s (may also include VFI); partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to define learning objectives, content needs assessments, analysis and design, create story boards and develop course materials and participant/facilitator guides using appropriate software. This position will create evaluation tools that will be utilized to measure quality of materials and needed improvement or enhancements to curriculum.
This position is expected to lead face-to-face training in grant field offices and FRSC.
The Supervisor will also be responsible for a range of reports, analysis, training, coordination and other assignments necessary to deliver the expected services to Support Offices.
Supervise a team supporting and/or providing services to World Vision Support Offices:
- Play a role in hand-offs of tasks from the line manager to the staff, as needed.
- Coordinate and ensure proper onboarding of new staff.
- Coordinate and ensure learning and development of staff.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with host/line managers for performance management and staff management.
- Train staff on technical skills and identify resources they need to get the work done.
- Oversee the administrative and local requirements of staff reporting to this position, and report issues or concerns to the FRSC Business Operations Manager and Capacity Building Manager (WVUS).
- Work with the FRSC Business Operations Manager and Capacity Building Manager (WVUS)for staff management and overall oversight.
- Design, create, revise and structure content, activities and materials for an online and/or blended learning format with a focus on instructional delivery methods that are best suited for the learning environment and learner experience.
- Work with SME’s to assist with the development and sequencing of content that supports what learners need to learn. Work with SME’s to define eLearning objectives for intended courses. Work with sector champions to ensure content matches objectives.
- Collaborate with SME’s/sector champions to develop storyboards for intended content; utilize appropriate media in line with story boards to support learning, create content and upload into the appropriate platform.
- Revise and rewrite content as needed to ensure materials reflect current trends and the desired learning outcomes are achievable.
- Assist in preparing faculty to deliver the curriculum.
- Provide advice and guidance on best practice for attaining learning objectives on subjects/topics and advise on appropriate systems (captivate, articulate, Camtasia, etc.) and/or host sites (e-Campus/ wvcentral, WVUniversity, etc.)
- Assist the FRSC Business Operations Manager and Capacity Building Manager (WVUS) and the rest of the leadership team in various assignments, tasks and projects that support the WVUS Grant Solutions and FRSC Shared Services team.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including team, leadership and planning functions.
- Attend and participate in meetings.
- Attend and participate in chapel services, daily and group devotions.
- Promote World Vision’s values through example and hold others accountable for the same across the team.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 years work experience in training and instructional design.
- A minimum 4 years of Instructional Design experience with demonstrated knowledge of Instructional Design processes as well as technology and web skills.
- Ability to carry out analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation (ADDIE) processes that are fundamental to ID. Experience working with Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Raptivity Camtasia or other course authoring software required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of grant management (or similar) and adult learning, as well as strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills, time management, problem solving, interpersonal relations, decision-making.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization (verbally and in writing).
- Strong MS Excel skills, MS Powerpoint and MS Word.
- 2 years managerial experience preferably in a non-profit or development organization or the like.
- 1-2 years of experience with project reporting, analysis and coordination with Support Offices or donor organisations.
- Significant e-Learning implementation and management experience required.
- Experience with Moodle (for courses uploaded into eCampus).
- Training of Trainers (can be completed as part of onboarding).
- Gateway to Grants (can be completed as part of onboarding).
- HEAT Training (can be completed as part of onboarding).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization aptitudes.
- Strong technical/IT training experience.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience working with finance or programmes team in Support Offices, National Offices and projects within World Vision (or the like).
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.