The DRC Nigeria is looking to recruit an experienced, highly- qualified and enthusiastic professional to join our great Grants team in Nigeria.
Reporting to the Head of Programme (HoP), the Interim Grants Coordinator will be in charge of developing high quality funding proposals, ensuring compliance with donor and internal DRC rules and regulations, donor reporting, information management and grants management capacity-building efforts. S/he will provide regular support and guidance to project cycle management, proposal development and program strategy and assist in advising and supporting field teams to ensure the successful implementation of all activities.
This position is a technical one, requiring a consistent previous experience in a similar position. The role is interim role for 90 days with potential for extension. Current and former DRC employees are strongly encouraged to apply
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the Head of Programmes, working closely with other sector teams, s / he will be responsible for;
Grant Management & Reporting
- Oversee and refine grants and contract management systems and processes
- Update, streamline, and disseminate grants management tools and resources
- Develop and maintain up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of donor and government policies and support implementing teams to ensure full compliance
- Draft, review and provide support in the negotiation of project agreements, including sub-agreements, teaming agreements and memoranda of understanding
- Organize and facilitate grant opening, review, and closing meetings
- Lead donor reporting processes by coordinating, compiling, editing and providing feedback to ensure the development of high-quality narratives and timely submissions
- Maintain and update the grants component on Dynamics platform
- Support the Head of Programmes to plan and coordinate the development of high-quality project proposals, including narratives, budgets, budget narratives, work plans, staffing lists, and other required annexes
- Conduct regular donor mapping exercises and support the Head of Programmes in identifying new funding opportunities in line with the country programme’s strategy.
- Prepare necessary documentation, such as reports, presentations and organizational documentation, to share with DRC stakeholders, including briefings for DRC staff and external entities requesting information on DRC’s programmes
- Liaise with relevant government agencies
- Serve as the primary focal point for donors and partners on all grants related issues.
- The responsibilities listed in the Job Description are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Master's degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience with a NGO
- Experience in writing high quality proposals for large donors, such as DFID, EU, ECHO, USAID, OFDA, UNHCR, and other UN agencies
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize large workloads, to consistently meet deadlines and adapt in a complex and challenging work environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in teams
- Experience working in emergency response with INGOs, preferably in a humanitarian context.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English.