FHI 360, Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
The Grants Manager is responsible for providing leadership in the overall technical and contractual management of a large portfolio of sub-partners under the Networks for Peace Project in Thailand. S/he will be responsible for managing and providing technical assistance for grantees related to a broad range of compliance, programmatic and administrative needs for effective programming.
KEY DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and oversight for grants and contracts management on the Networks for Peace project.
- Interpret fundamental donor regulations and requirements and apply them to specific situations for timely resolution to subaward and subcontract issues.
- Prepare and submit requests for donor consideration and approvals to include but not limited to waivers for restrictions, key personnel, revisions to program description and budget, modification of subawards, and disposition instructions.
- Assist the Chief of Party to ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Networks for Peace Finance Manager, and Country Coordinators to ensures the quality of subaward and compliance with donor and FHI 360 regulations.
- Coordinate with APRO/HQ for review and approval of subgrants, subcontracts, consultancies, and other contractual arrangements.
- Manage and ensure compliance for all subawards to implementing partners (IPs).
- Train and mentor relevant project staff and implementing partners on managing and monitoring subawards.
- Oversee and support subaward start-up and close-out
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all subrecipients have adequate policies and procedures and submit timely and high quality reports.
- Work with the finance team to ensure that all subawards have sufficient funds to operate and manage pipelines to ensure against overspending versus obligations.
- Manage the grants database.
- Develop and manage subaward solicitation processes.
- Manage subaward modifications, ensuring adequate analysis and documentation.
- Work closely with the technical team and the M&E team to ensure integrated development and management of subawards.
- Ensure consistent on-site and remote monitoring of subaward performance, including programmatic, technical, contractual and M&E aspects.
- Coordinate with the finance team to conduct pre-award assessments (PAT) for new subawards and develop special award conditions to address identified gaps and risks, provide monitoring and oversights to ensure that appropriate support is provided IPs based on needs identified under the PAT and follow up to ensure that special award conditions and requirement are met and on a timely basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or another relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ combined experience in grants & contracts management and/or financial management, with at least 5 years’ experience specific to grants & contracts management, Experience with audits preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR rules and regulations, and experience managing USAID/PEPFAR projects.
- Experience in program management, monitoring and evaluation and reporting in diverse settings.
- Ability to supervise and to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to perform detailed-oriented acquisition and assistance work with high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of contracting and granting concepts and principles.
- Experience working with an international non-governmental organization.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English and Thai