Handicap International , Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Based in Kinshasa, the reporting follow-up officer is under the direct responsibility of the Program Director (pending the recruitment of the Technical Unit Manager). He / She works in a functional relationship with all the people who contribute to the management of donor contracts and reporting (Project Managers, Operations Manager).
This position is intended to ensure the quality of donor reports for all projects implemented under the program and to plan, coordinate and ensure quality control of reports from Niger and Burkina Faso in accordance with donor requirements.
Responsibility 1: Planning and coordination of reporting activities
Coordinate the reporting phases:
- Develop retro-planning for each report, involving the various departments concerned (operations, finance, logistics, technical unit, possibly security, HR and MEAL, headquarters and national association)
- Contribute to a smooth coordination between the Project Managers , the Zone Managers, the Operations Managers (BF) and Country Managers (Niger), the specialists and the Operations Manager for the compilation of the contributions of the narrative reports;
- Facilitate coordination with shared services to ensure the overall consistency of narrative and financial reports as well as the completeness of appendices;
- Proofread the reports in order to carry out quality control and ensure the compliance of the reports with the requirements and procedures of the various donors;
- Ensure that reports (narrative, financial, logistical, etc.) are submitted on time, in accordance with donor procedures;
- Issue alerts and propose solutions by anticipating more complex reporting periods (due to lack of HR or due to too large a volume of reports in the same period). Also issue specific alerts when reporting for a project is late;
- Ensure that questions and remarks from donors and external auditors are addressed, by mobilizing the various contributors.
Responsibility 2: Analyze the reporting practice and propose simplification solutions (in relation with the Operation Officer)
- During the various donor reporting, aggregate qualitative and quantitative information and produce an analysis on the practice of reporting;
- Propose and implement solutions to simplify reporting
- Conduct capacity building workshops / training for the various departments involved in reporting, primarily for project managers and area managers.
Responsibility 3: Support for Program Communication
- With the support of the Program Director, and Managers (Human Resources, MEAL, Technical Unit, Logistics, Finance, HAS, Logistics) and the Operations Officer (02, HQ) collect and organize internal information on the various sites according to Roots standards;
- Offer internal information channels and tools;
- Structure and share information for distribution to the HQ, partners, coordination forums in the different forms that have been selected (eg newsletter, presentation, video, etc.).
- You hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the following themes international relations / project management / journalism / languages / letters / Social or political sciences
- You have work experience or internship of at least 6 months in a position Similar in NGOs
- You have Excellent writing skills and had a first experience in writing donor reports and monitoring indicators.
- Your good capacity for analysis, synthesis and consistency as well as your mastery of the office pack (Outlook - Word - Excel - Powerpoint) allow you to effectively follow the project management cycle.
- You are fluent in French and English and enjoy working in a multi-cultural team
- You know how to show autonomy, flexibility and initiative and have a great sense of organization and planning