European Climate Foundation, Paris, France
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 280 partner organizations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
Context of the role
As Grants Officer, you will be part of the Grants Officers team and report to the ECF Operations Manager. You will support 2-3 programmes, platforms or projects. You will ensure consistency of approach and compliance with the internal processes. You will serve as the liaison between the programmatic work and the Finance department.
- You will support the different programmes in their grant-making activities:
- Due diligence on new and existing grantees;
- Generate all grant requests in FLUXX, ECF’s internal grant management system;
- Monitor budget and follow-up the grant contracting stage;
- Support programmatic teams with budget planning processes and ensure reconciliation between planning budgets and the FLUXX system.
- Monitor grants through review of grant reporting (financial and narrative reporting);
- Handle grant payments in close relation with the Finance department;
- Monitor grant closing activities;
- Assistance with preparation of reports to funders;
- Other related administrative tasks related to the grant management process.
Skills and experience
- You have 2-3 years of experience in an administrative and financial role;
- You have a genuine interest in the ECF mission and values;
- You are computer literate with good knowledge of the MS Office and excellent knowledge of Excel;
- You are comfortable working with new software;
- You have experience in budget oversight and planning;
- You have an eye for details;
- You have impeccable ethics;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality output within ambitious timeframes;
- You like to engage with various stakeholders and you have a customer-oriented approach;
- You understand the importance and value of teamwork, but you are also comfortable working autonomously;
- Excellent command of English and French (both spoken and written);
- Above all, you have a friendly and open personality.