Graphic Design Intern
United Nations Development Programme, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Reporting to the Team Leader of the Brand and Marketing Team, the Graphic Design Intern will help ideate and evolve UNDP’s branded design direction in diverse media, including print and digital. The selected candidate will also support planning and managing communications projects for UNDP, collaborating with team members across the Advocacy, Marketing and Communications Group
Duties and Responsibilities
The interested candidate will:
- Contribute with creative ideas to reach and engage different audiences;
- Conceptualize and create marketing products for different ongoing projects under the Brand and Marketing team.
- Propose and create designs for Marketing Services Hub projects;
- Provide overall graphic design support to the Brand and Marketing team.
Required Skills and Experience
Academic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, visual arts or similar field
Education: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Proven experience in graphic design / communication design;
- Experience designing compelling layouts and infographics;
- Motion graphic knowledge is a plus;
- Working knowledge of brand principles and marketing is a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of French or Spanish an asset