Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Who You Are:
The Visual Communication Design Specialist will support internal and external graphic design needs across the organization. You love bringing a story to life through visual design and believe quality design is essential to communicating an idea. You have relentlessly high design standards and aim to continuously improve a brand’s visual identity. You have excellent attention to detail and feel comfortable as the “final set of eyes” on a piece of content.
What You’ll Do:
- Report directly to Dimagi’s Director of Marketing and serve as a global resource for all visual design requests, specifically supporting the Growth team (communications, marketing, customer success, product, and sales).
- Work with Dimagi’s Director of Government & Partnerships on presentation materials that support Dimagi’s work on a national scale digital health project.
- Build presentation decks for important internal and external presentations.
- Create polished, high-gloss materials such as case studies, toolkits, and eBooks.
- Add to Dimagi’s photography library with new photos taken during project visits.
- Help the marketing team create and edit short videos covering everything from product features to customer stories.
- Design website mockups for marketing and sales tests.
- Create documents that articulate Dimagi’s visual brand identity.
What You Must Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in graphic design, media design, web design, communications design, or similar related field (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects) and presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi, and Google Slides)
- Experience building presentation decks under tight deadlines
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple requests at one time, meet tight deadlines, and work independently
- Good listener and natural storyteller – you know how to zero in on the most important parts of a story and how to translate those details into a compelling visual narrative
- Editorial mindset – you have a pulse on how different audiences like to consume content
- Comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders (Dimagi’s C-suite, staff, and customers)
- Strong attention to detail – you can easily catch formatting issues
- Able to capture high-quality photographs and comfortable shooting/editing short videos
- Effective communication and collaboration skills; fluent English speaker
- Experience working on a global team and comfortable being managed remotely
- Experience in HTML
- Illustration skills
- Fluent in multiple languages
- Experience in the international development space or technology industry
As a member of Dimagi, you will have a chance to join one of the fastest growing social enterprises, and learn about the world of technology in international development. However, as a mission-driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that may be below what you could get working at a larger corporation. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. The salary for this role ranges from 12-14lpa. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- Health and travel insurance. Dimagi provides a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan for Dimagi India staff and insurance on business trips.
- 30 days paid time off per year inclusive of all public holidays
- Access to Employee Provident Fund with company match
- Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun.
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- 10 Personal Initiative Days