Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
This position will focus on conceptualization, design, and layout of proposals, reports, briefs, fact sheets, infographics, PowerPoints, and other design and formatting projects as assigned.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide graphic design and formatting for Health Practice projects and Health Practice business development using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office;
- Collaborate with staff to conceptualize unique graphics for the Health Practice, translating complex technical concepts into visual representations;
- Format and finalize publications in accordance with Palladium branding and style guidelines;
- Support the development of infographics and iconography for proposals, including design of frameworks, charts, and tables working in coordination with proposal leads;
- Support conferences and meetings by designing and formatting PowerPoint presentations and conference posters;
- Conceptualize, design, and adapt infographics for both print and web (using the Adobe Creative Suite);
- Prepare files for print and online dissemination, including 508ing project publications in accordance with U.S. accessibility regulations;
- Coordinate and prioritize in consultation with health practice leaders in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing and deadline-driven priorities;
- Develop and adapt Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft templates;
- Edit photos for reports, briefs, proposals, presentations, etc;
- The role reports to the Health Practice Communications Lead. Reporting requirements include:
- Attend all weekly team meetings and other meetings as required
- Regular updates with reporting manager
- Monthly updates on the status of Key Result Areas, as well as any other important areas of concern
- Key relationships will be with reporting manager, health practice Project Directors, Business Development Capture Managers, wider health team, project teams and vendors.
- Authority levels
The role carries a degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation. The role is required to:
- Analyse and make sound recommendations to the line manager
- Contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost-effective proposals/ideas/suggestions
- Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Relevant experience (preferably in communications, graphic design, or marketing);
- Experience working in international health and development (family planning, reproductive health, HIV, maternal and child health, TB);
- Strong layout skills and knowledge of master pages, text styles, and best practices in both Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint in particular) required;
- Experience creating illustrations and graphics using Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Experience utilizing templates in Constant Contact, Mail Chimp or Active Campaign;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects at once and flexibility to meet tight deadlines under unpredictable time-frames;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret and distill complex ideas into visually appealing graphics;
- Must be able to work effectively with a team and independently;
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to support the change process and promote change agenda within the organisation, support others to adapt to the change and apply learning
- The ability to challenge own ideas, investigate issues, identify trends and underlying connections, identify and analyse the relationship between situations and apply information outside the immediate
- The ability to understand others' position and adapt personal style as required, encourage others to acknowledge others' contribution, encourage self-development, seek participation and contribution from direct working relationships
- The ability to seek and apply development opportunities relevant to the team, probe understanding of feedback, evaluate the quality of work, deliver on commitments outside the team, recognize and identify opportunities
- The ability to encourage others to understand the value of a sustainable business approach, align work focus with organisation objectives, recognize market impacts and business drivers, consults to understand client needs, optimize team resources and apply principles of stewardship