World Food Programme, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
- Assist the production of materials for internal and external promotion of WFP and its operations. The products will be principally in Arabic and English.
- Organize and maintain final publication digital assets for internal/external production in an archive available to the rest of the team.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to all RBC units, RBC’s respective country offices (COs), and HQ, including Arabic-language material produced and published by HQ’s Graphic Design and Publications Communications, Advocacy & Marketing Division.
- Provide technical Graphic Design assistance to RBC’s respective COs through missions, TDYs or training.
- Implements new methods or tools of improving Graphic Design work processes and productivity.
- Provide Graphic Design skill development opportunities by creating/facilitating training modules or on-the-job experiences for self and colleagues.
- Supervise all Graphic Design deliverables produced by outsourced vendors to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Facilitate partnerships with other WFP units, UN agencies, and Graphic Design LTA companies to produce relevant Graphic Design materials.
- Organize, monitor, and prioritize own Graphic Design inputs to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
- Act as a regional focal point for Graphic Design.
- Any other tasks as required by the head of the unit.
- Assist in the graphic production of both corporate and creative WFP materials promoting WFP and its operations.
- Use existing branded templates to update corporate dashboards for emergencies, operational regional highlights documents, operational highlights by thematic areas, documents and assist in the visualization of thematic briefs for Programme units.
- Produce digital files with the correct resolution for web posting (Intranet and extranet platforms), and print files if required.
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based, and animated presentations and reports.
- Provide support to briefing documents in terms of enhancing presentation as required.
- Ensure all materials produced are brand consistent including correct font, colors, tone of images, and are correctly formatted and free of Graphic Design errors.
- Develop key info-graphs on the progress of the operation.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to Fine Arts, Applied Arts or Graphic Design.
Language: Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
Experience: At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of Graphic Design/layout/publication productions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite Package especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Advanced knowledge of basic computing, particularly Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity with Microsoft Publisher
- Communicates effectively.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self.
- Good organizational skills, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to handle pressure and balance a busy workload.
- Analyses and integrates verbal, numerical and other types of data.
- Rapidly learns new tasks relevant to own job and quickly commits information to memory.
- Sets self clearly defined tasks in line objectively set by the line manager.