The Group Director - Operations is an integral member of the Leadership Team and is required to provide strategic leadership and direction to the Operations of WV India. This includes oversight of all donor-funded programmes & projects implemented by the organisation, humanitarian Emergency operations, programme & local advocacy efforts including long-term campaigns and microfinance operations. The position also requires active engagement with various support offices and the regional/ global field operations of World Vision International.
Demonstrate maturity in modelling Christian leadership :
- Growing personal relationship with Christ and leadership grounded on Christian ethics with the sense of call to the corporate ministry.
- Articulating and practising Biblical perspectives in WV India’s Operations ministry and in people and culture development.
- Authentic in expressing his/her opinions; valuing other’s views and resolving issues for effectiveness of the ministry, balanced with organizational good and people sensitivity.
- Envisage and operationalise future growth for all functions in Operations in line with the Organizational Strategy:
- Provide Strategic direction to the ministries of Development, HEA Advocacy and Sponsorship to impact to scale with realization of the mission being critical.
- Ensuring effective planning and execution of operational strategies through each line of Ministry.
- Engage in the Strategic planning of IMPACT –microfinance.
- New Product Development for expanding a significant growth portfolio in Special Projects.
Ensure results based, focused approach in high quality programmes /projects for scale:
- Every line of ministry has a policy/guidelines and procedures for excellent design, execution and monitoring in place with end to end evidence based programme/projects.
- High quality communications through Evidence based reports to Support offices and in Sponsorship Communications.
- Maintain highest standards of sponsorship accountability in programmes/projects.
- Enhance technical capacity of WV India in engagement with the partnership and external industry.
- Integrated effective local level advocacy and campaigns in programmes / projects.
Positioning and relationship with SOs through programme quality servicing, for re-investment in WV India:
- Growing confidence of the Support offices seeing WV India as a preferred country for investments with new models of ministry.
- WV India servicing the Support Offices based on their needs and interests proactively in programme/projects/HEA and Sponsorship.
- Explore new opportunities of growth with SOs.
- Engage with key partners/network in the Indian NGO industry for the various functions of Operations.
- Provide leadership for a high performing team culture in Operations and build on a talent pipeline for future growth in Operations:
- Strategic workforce planning for Operations in place.
- Strategic talent pipeline development for the emerging opportunities.
- Christian value driven professional leadership group in Operations with high performing teams in the Operations Division.
Strategic advisor to the National Director, as part of the Leadership:
- Proactively addressed emerging issues that affects the organization and provide advise to the National Director and Leadership team.
- Engage in leadership team meetings with organizational good intent of advice/suggestion with people/field sensitivity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of transformational and sustainable development of the partnership and industry.
- Knowledge of key WV development sectoral and cross-cutting themes of the partnership and industry.
- Knowledge of Design Monitoring and Evaluation standards of WV partnership.
- Knowledge of HEA , Advocacy and Sponsorship Requirements of the Partnership and industry.
- Knowledge of Christian principles demonstrated through a personal expression of Christian fait.h
- Should have had at least 5 years of leadership experience in program and project management experience, including large grants.
- Should have lead a team of senior leaders for at least a minimum period of 3 years.
- Building successful collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Interpersonal skills to establish other’s needs, concerns, feelings, expectations and motivations.
- Ensures that a Christian witness strategy permeates all that we do and ar.e
- Respecting cross-cultural sensitivities.
- Uses discernment in decision making.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Management skills.
- Collaborative leadership skills.
- Compelling communication skills.
- Analysis & Problem Solving skills.
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills.