Norwegian Refugee Council, Badghis, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of Guard position is to provide service support to the security department in Western region – Badghis Office of the NRC. The position holder will be reporting directly to security Coordinator of Badghis office in order to run his/her duties smoothly with security standards of NRC.
Duties and responsibilities
Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
Promote and share ideas for improvement
Perform according to the work and development plan
Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Looks for the security of the office and staff in the office.
- Keeps all the windows and doors locked when the staff members leave the office.
- Keeps the office responsible informed of any incident in the neighbourhood.
- Avoid unauthorized people park their vehicles in front of the offices.
- Avoid allowing any body enters to the office without informing office or Guest House responsible.
- Checks everybody entering to the office.
- Registers all the visitors coming to the office or Guest House and reports to responsible person.
- keep the generators maintained, (starts it on time and keeps fuel balance).
- Check the heaters in the morning and continuously keeps checking it.
- Check all security lights and reports if there is any loss during his working time.
- Control the water accessibility in the office (water pump, pipes).
- Switch on and off all lights of the building on time.
- clean the compound and guard room regularly and keep all the materials arranged.
- Help cleaner in some parts of their work (heater cleaning, washing heavy/big items.
- Responsible of the garden of the office
- Obey and work according the time and schedule given by his supervisor.
- Respect the visitors and behaviour them gently.
- Performs any other duty given to him by his supervisor
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- High School graduated
- 3 years of working experience as Security Guard with International NGOs
- Experience from working as service support staff in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect