HEA DRR & Climate Change Adaptation Specialist
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- Engage in partnership processes to help ensure that DRR, CCA and Resilience building are appropriately incorporated into core GC mandated processes, such as LEAP 3 and DPA, and that suitable guidance materials are available to support National Offices (NOs) in their implementation of these processes
- Contribute to the development of EAS and SAP regional HEA strategic guidance and annual business plans in support of and in alignment with EAS, SAP and GC HEA strategies.
- Support NOs in EAS and SAP in ensuring that DRR, CCA and resilience building are appropriately addressed in their strategies and programme planning.
- Contribute to the ongoing strategic development of advocacy and policies related to DRR, CCA and resilience building programmes in EAS and SAP to promote alignment with and contribution to global DRR & CCA frameworks and agreements.
- Manage any regional or sub-regional DRR & CCA projects. This includes planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting to ensure that project activities are operating within approved plan of activities and budget, key stakeholders are informed appropriately and that quality programming is achieved.
- Lead the organization and facilitation of regional DRR & CCA events and forums.
- Provide technical support to NOs across SAP and EAS regions in implementing DRR & CCA projects and programmes to increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality.
- Provide technical review and support to the development of DRR, CCA and Resilience related Technical Approaches and Technical Programmes across NOs in SAP and EAS regions.
- Provide technical support to NOs during resource acquisition processes to ensure quality of project designs, improve right measurements of outputs and impacts and position WV as a credible organization in DRR and CCA.
- Share and facilitate access to DRR, CCA and resilience approaches, models, resources and appropriate learning opportunities for NOs. These may include active involvement in training, engagement of trainers, establishing institutional links, identifying opportunities for staff exchange or mentoring.
- Provide awareness training in areas of urban and child focused DRR and CCA for regional staff and NO staff as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the HEA Regional directors in providing senior management support and capacity development initiatives to ensure effective understanding and leadership of DRR and CCA issues across the regions.
- Contribute to contextualizing of DRR, CCA and resilience resource materials for various stakeholders
- Provide coaching and mentoring to SAP and EAS NO staff as appropriate.
- Provide support to capacity building and learning events that are organized by Regional SAP and EAS HEA teams or NO HEA as needed.
- Develop strategic links with major donors to promote and enhance WV’s DRR & CCA funding opportunities for NOs programmes and projects.
- Develop and maintain good external relations with key regional and international bodies, learning institutions and other organizations especially those that will support the mainstreaming of DRR & CCA of WV’s projects and programmes.
- Provide support to NOs in accessing and engaging with external persons, networks and institutions that contribute to achievement of the NO strategies and their DRR & CCA strategic objectives.
- Work collaboratively with other HEA team members in both SAP and EAS regions, and with other members of the SAP & EAS regional teams to ensure that DRR & CCA thinking are embedded strategically and integrated within the wider work of World Vision across the regions.
- Engage in World Vision’s partnership communities of practice, working groups, forums and networks related to DRR, CCA and resilience programming as relevant.
- Contribute to continuous learning in various platforms related to DRR, CCA and resilience building with focus on urban contexts and child-focus approaches, and ensure integration with other lines of ministries and sectors and themes.
- Encourage mutual learning between NOs within EAS and SAP and with other regions within World Vision’s partnership.
- Promote and contribute to the Resilience Community of Practice, and the Urban Center of Excellence
- Organise regular learning and development events as appropriate.
- Promote the mainstreaming and implementation of appropriate Urban DRR and Child Focus DRR tools in the region to highlight learning and better practices.
- Support National Offices in ensuring adherence to DRR and CCA policies, practices and standards.
- Create opportunities for integrated programming in DRR & CCA approaches that promote organizational Child-Well Being objectives.
- Participate in devotions and other activities that enrich and develop mutual growth in faith and spiritual resilience.
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the HEA Directors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in Development Studies, Sustainable Development, Environmental Sustainability, Social Science or any relevant field.
- Knowledge of cutting edge DRR & CCA concepts, issues, tools both at technical and programming levels
- Knowledge of funding landscapes and priorities of major donors in DRR, CCA and resilience programmes
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Emergency including humanitarian charter, laws and standards including SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, People in Aid, Child Rights and in DRR & CCA including Sendai Framework for DRR
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management or technical positions with DRR/CCA/resilience programmes
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading and developing high performing teams in a multi-cultural setting
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal, collaborative, networking and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Work experience in Asia Pacific countries