About the Organization:
Youth for Seva (YFS), founded in April 2007, is a nation-wide volunteering movement that inspires youth to volunteer, and provides them with meaningful opportunities to serve the community. The goal of YFS is to support schools, destitute shelters, government hospitals and other organizations in the social sector through volunteers who can help them mitigate some of their shortcomings and challenges. Volunteering is made easy and customized to the individual’s interests, time availability and skill sets. YFS aims to create positive change agents in the society, through the culture of volunteering.
Position: Head – Health Initiatives
Doctors for Seva is a project of Youth for Seva, aimed to build a network of medical professionals, hospitals and volunteers across a city to help address the healthcare needs of the underserved. At present, Doctors for Seva runs projects in Government Schools (Doctor-at-School), old-age home, orphanages, Awareness talks in schools, Community health programs, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities include planning, implementation, management and monitor the various projects. With micro-level planning, the person would be responsible for overall projects in health domain and to build the network of DFS members.
- Design and implement the programs to enhance the community health.
- Plan implementation strategy for projects
- Generate quarterly reports of projects; include problem explanations, analyses, alternate solutions, and suggestions.
- Assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions.
- Provide details about potential health risks and possible treatments to the public and medical fraternity
- Manage/coordinate the work of doctors, volunteers and other staff members.
- Educate/train team (doctors and volunteers)
- Preparation of materials such as brochures and fact sheets to be used to spread information related to a specific health issue.
- Identify areas of need and plan new projects as and when need arises
- Innovate and come up with creative ideas to scale up projects to benefit maximum number of people
- Work with Fundraising / Corporate relations teams in preparation of compelling project proposals
- Preparation & monitoring of operational budgets for the team
- Formulate and Institutionalize organizational policies specific to health initiatives
Build Doctors Network:
- Expand the network of voluntary doctors and hospitals
- Inspire and engage medical students as volunteers
- Reach out to doctor’s associations, social media, etc to build the network
- Identify and network with other NGOs working in healthcare to share resources
- Ensure that regular newsletters and other forms of communication are sent to doctors in the network
- Put together posters, brochures, banners and other publicity material for the projects
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in public health) and at least ten years of experience in the field of public health at managerial levels
Age: 35yrs to 40yrs