The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the position of Head Accountant in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
Position Head Accountant Iraq
Status full-time employee (40h/week, 5 days)
Based Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Reports to CFO
Supervises 8 accountants in 8 project locations
Application deadline 28 February 2021
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Oversee and manage accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, receivables, and payables (approx.. 5000 transactions per year).
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in accordance with Jiyan Foundation’s Finance Manual and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Prepare monthly reports to the CFO and Program staff as required, including expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner and reconcile general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner
- Train and supervise finance and logistics staff
- Sign off on payroll accounting including reporting of income taxes and social security contributions
- Prepare financial reports and other ad-hoc requirements, for review by the CFO.
- Sign off on regular bank and cash reconciliation
- Liaise with the auditing companies
- Prepare financial reports to KRG and tax department
- Sign off on permanent inventory of the organization's equipment and assets
- Regularly check the cheque book and petty cash stock
- Approve payments and requests for procurement and logistics documentation
- Suggesting adjustments to book-keeping software Infor SunSystems
- Stay up to date with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations and update finance and logistics staff
- Completed university degree in Finance or Accountancy
- Minimum five years professional experience
- Fluency in English; Kurdish and/or Arabic desirable
- Familiarity with book-keeping software and international book-keeping standards; experience with Infor SunSystems desirable
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, cooperation with other staff members, centers and external partners
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Readiness to travel, including multi-day trips both nationally and internationally
- Undertake any activity aimed at protecting clients, particularly children and youth, from violence and harm
- Active interest in promoting human rights and social justice; awareness of current events both nationally and internationally
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in staff-to-staff trainings, language trainings, as well as seminars with external trainers
- Access to special library with large collection of literature on human rights, torture, mental and physical health etc. for self-study
- Paid holidays (24 days for full-time position) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, may be agreed upon
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Please use "Head Accountant” as the subject of your email.
For any questions, contact Leif Hinrichsen (CFO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jiyan Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.