The Baale Mane is an NGO for disadvantaged girls which is located just outside of Bangalore, near Hesaraghatta. Our focus is on nurturing brighter futures for the girls to enable them to lead self-sustaining independent adult lives. We are adding to our team with the recruitment of a residential Head of Care. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong leadership skills, previous management experience and a passion for helping disadvantaged young women.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Managerial responsibilities including managing other members of the care team and providing day to day care for the girls.
- Working closely with the Head of Operations in the smooth day to day running of the home.
- Overall responsibility for our care planning programme, to help each individual girl reach her potential.
- Responsibility for new admissions, ensuring that girls new to the home are integrated quickly and lovingly.
- Regularly meeting with girls assigned as team leaders to ensure that any issues arising are promptly addressed and brought to the attention of other members of the team as appropriate.
- Regular sessions with each girl to discuss current issues and longer-term concerns.
- Responsible for coordinating with Child Welfare Committee and local community, including creating and maintaining documents.
- Liaising with the Supplementary Education Manager and External Relations Manager to ensure that programmes are implemented smoothly and in the best interests of the girls, with appropriate action plans.
- Liaison with the families of the girls.
- Providing input and support for Transition and Independence Plans for girls as they leave the home.
- Overseeing the independent girls support once they leave Baale Mane to live in the city.
Ideally, the applicant will be:
- Able to live at the home full time, although planned periods away from the home are supported and encouraged.
- Fluent in Kannada and English (many of the girls are educated in English medium and English speaking is required).
- Able to put the interest of the girls before other considerations and to act as a role model.
- An experienced care professional, although consideration will be given to candidates who can demonstrate equivalent skills developed in a different context.
Ideally, the applicant will have:
- Experience of caring for girls, either in a domestic or institutional setting.
- Experience of management or leadership roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as a good level of numeracy.
- High level of computer skills, including Microsoft office, emails and other software.
- The ability to take initiative in their work.
- Sensitivity in dealing with confidential information.
At Baale Mane, we place a strong focus on a sustainable model using a collaborative approach, prioritising the girls in everything we do, and would expect the Head of Care to follow this approach.
Regulations precluding male residents staying overnight at the home, mean we can only accept female applicants for this role.
To apply, please send your CV along with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.