The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 37 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
On behalf of the Secretary-General, the Executive Directorate (EXD) supports the Organisation in the following areas: financial management, human resource management, information technology, internal communications, conference management, security (both physical and digital), translation and interpretation, knowledge and information management (in co-ordination with the Public Affairs and Communication Directorate), risk management, crisis management and all operational services including building infrastructure and logistics.
Within the Executive Directorate, the mission of the Human Resource Management Service (EXD/HRM) is to develop and implement policies, programmes and services which support and foster:
- the recruitment, retention and promotion of the best-qualified individuals, while recognising and encouraging diversity in the workplace,
- a workplace environment that is inclusive, ethical and healthy, while respecting individual needs and goals,
- a competitive employee value proposition, including with regard to salary and benefits,
- the development of staff’s potential by providing learning and development opportunities and supporting professional growth and career progression, and
- effective leadership capacity and management excellence.
- EXD/HRM employs a workforce of approximately 80 staff who provide stewardship of the Organisation’s human capital on behalf of the Secretary-General.
- EXD/HRM is composed of three main business units: the Clients Services Group (CSG), the HR Operations Group (HRO) and the Talent Management and Analytics Group (TMA).
- EXD/HRM is currently seeking a strategic, dynamic senior manager to head up its Client Services Group (CSG). The position is located in Paris, and the selected candidate will report directly to the Head of Service.
- The CSG provides Directorates across the Organisation with a first point of contact for all people management matters. CSG employs approximately 15 HR professional staff delivering an array of integrated HR services, including general HR advice and support, and support to recruitment, performance management and staff planning.
- Lead by example, providing CSG team members with clear, ethical and actionable direction, in support of EXD/HRM strategic and operational initiatives
- Oversee the timely and effective delivery of HR policies and programmes, and change management initiatives across the Organisation, thereby contributing to a positive “’people experience”
- Foster diversity and a culture of respect, inclusion and collaboration both within CSG, and in all of CSG’s interactions across the Organisation
- Foster the professional development of team members through coaching and active mentoring
- Ensure that the CSG team is actively contributing to making the OECD an attractive and productive workplace
- Supervise, motivate and contribute to the professional development and performance management of CSG staff to ensure delivery of high-quality work within set deadlines, effective and efficient working methods and a constructive working atmosphere.
Direction and co-ordination
- Direct and coordinate all aspects of HR work conducted by CSG team members in support of Directorates, including resource planning and people management, recruitment, performance management, talent development, engagement, succession planning and more general workforce planning.
- Conduct research and data analytics to identify talent gaps and to assess organisational performance in Directorates, with a view to proposing viable options to senior management in support of their business needs
- Define common standards and best practices for HR management, and guide the CSG team in implementing them across the Organisation.
Client engagement and Service delivery
- Ensure organisational alignment by listening to, working collaboratively with, and influencing senior managers and HR practice leads, as they implement HR standards, strategies, programmes and approaches
- Set clear and high standards for quality of service across the group; monitor delivery, and account for overall levels of client service
- Proactively share information across client services, and between CSG and other HRM Services
- Ensure that CSG team members correctly and consistently using OECD systems, and abide by OECD practices and policies.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Advanced university degree in human resources, business administration, employment law, or organisational development
- Minimum ten years of relevant professional experience with proven capacity in the successful management of HR programmes in public or private sectors
- Minimum five years’ of people management experience with proven positive results
- Substantial professional experience in an international or diverse, cross-cultural setting
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policies, rules and procedures in an International Organisation would be an advantage
- HR policy development and implementation
- People management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, gender balance, and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reaching a good working level in the medium-term.